Windows 10: Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

Discus and support Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to reinstall it because my Windows "broke" it. Now I have no space for Windows on the full hard disk Do I have to delete them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by herbfrisch, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

I wanted to reinstall it because my Windows "broke" it. Now I have no space for Windows on the full hard disk

Do I have to delete them?

:)

herbfrisch, Aug 14, 2020

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 14, 2020
  3. external hard disk recognition

external hard disk is listed in device manager but I cannot access the disk etc

IanMacArthur, Aug 14, 2020
  4. sammy Win User

Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

How to recover data from RAW Hard Disk

Dear Team,

I have 2 TB Segate external hard disk, which I could not access for few moths, but now when I connect it to computer I am not able to access the data,it says that the hard disk has unrecognizable filesystem.

I need to backup this disk data.

Kindly guide me to recover data.

Thanks
    sammy

sammy, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

1. Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version? - Similar Threads - Move data hard

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  4. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  5. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Hard Disk Corrupted - install Window without data loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Disk Corrupted - install Window without data loss: Hi Everyone, Recently, there is a window update in my server so I did the update. When it updates, my colleague turns off the power supply accidentally. When I boot it up again, it went to a blue screen and ask me to reinstall the window. I would like to ask is there any...
  7. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  8. Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data: Hi! I've downloaded the Windows 10 files to my external hard drive. I noticed that the size of the disk changed, so when I didn't need the Windows installation files anymore I opened Disk Management and remove the partition which had the installation files. I did not format...
  9. Install Fortnite on an external hard disk?

Install Fortnite on an external hard disk?: Hello, everyone, I have the problem that I cannot install Fortnite on the PC, on an external hard disk. I installed the Epic Launcher on the external hard drive, but when I want to install Fortnite, it always wants to install it on C: and not on D: where the launcher is....
  10. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28