Windows 10: Move Desktop to Laptop

Discus and support Move Desktop to Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with a 500MB hard drive. I have installed W10 and my Office 2007 license (from years ago) was worth it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jose RamonArbelo Martinez, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Move Desktop to Laptop

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with a 500MB hard drive. I have installed W10 and my Office 2007 license (from years ago) was worth it and I continue using it without any problem. I need to change that machine for a laptop, more than anything to be able to move with it. I was thinking of buying an SSD, cloning the 500 HD in the desktop and installing the cloned SSD in the second-hand laptop that I'll buy. I can do this?.
    Then I format the 500MB HD of the desktop and try to sell or I donate it to the library in my neighborhood. I can do this?. Thanks for your time.

:)

Jose RamonArbelo Martinez, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Sep 8, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 8, 2018
  4. suraswami Win User

Move Desktop to Laptop

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Move Desktop to Laptop

1. Move Desktop to Laptop - Similar Threads - Move Desktop Laptop

2. Icons moving on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving on desktop.: Hello, few days ago I started having problems with icons on Desktop. They are moving to secondary monitor when i turn monitors into extended mode, half stay on main monitor and second half is going to other monitor. When I switch to one monitor only they get back to thier...
  3. Desktop Icons Moving

Desktop Icons Moving: Every time I restart my computer, half of my desktop icons move over to my second monitor. I cannot figure out why. I've googled solutions which don't work. Both of my monitors are set to their recommended resolutions, auto arrange icons is off, and align icons to grid is on....
  4. My laptop icons move when I move my desktop icons

My laptop icons move when I move my desktop icons: So when I download a new app, or move an existing icon on one device(desktop), it does the same thing on the other device(laptop). It’s getting kind of annoying and I want the 2 devices to keep their own apps independently, so does anyone know how to help? Much appreciated....
  5. Moving to a new desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving to a new desktop: I have a 4 year old desktop with Win 10 Pro 2004 installed together with a whole collection of special programmes that I have added over the last decade using other machines. The PC is an AMD double core CPU which is not really up to the current requirements. I am thinking of...
  6. undo move to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    undo move to desktop: I highlighted about 200 video files, then right-clicked. I thought I was pointing to send 'compressed' zip file, instead I clicked on desktop. Now I have 200+ video icons on my desktop. Want them off desktop. What could I do ?...
  7. Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Downloaded Microsoft Games from a Laptop to a Desktop: I don’t have wifi at my house. Therefore, I download things onto my laptop at places with wifi and then transfer it to a flash drive. Then I transfer it to my desktop. I recently bought a game (Sea of Thieves) and downloaded it onto my laptop. But sadly, unlike Steam games,...
  8. Moving apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving apps to desktop: I am trying to move some apps to my desktop to save some clicks. Why was this simple convenience determined irrelevant by the Windows 10 team? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-apps-to-desktop/2e89c2e9-7cb4-4748-8429-1da52289fc68
  9. Moving Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Desktop: I want to move my desktop from the 'One Drive' in my User account to the C drive. I am wary of losing any file associations, shortcuts etc. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks 112383
  10. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...