Windows 10: Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?

Discus and support Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello - There's a Windows 8 app I use a great deal on a laptop of mine, but it's no longer an app and not available in the Windows Store (the app still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pissantz34, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?

Hello - There's a Windows 8 app I use a great deal on a laptop of mine, but it's no longer an app and not available in the Windows Store (the app still works great on the laptop, even though it's not in the Store). I got a new laptop and would like to use the app, but since it's not in the Store, I can't download and use it. Any way to somehow "sideload" the app on my old laptop to the new one?

submitted by /u/pissantz34
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pissantz34, Aug 21, 2020

2. Win8 to Win10

Your reply is not helpful. Are you an employee of Msoft? In spite of your condescending suggestion, I was able to go back to Win 8 thereby eliminating the bugs and instablnessability of Win10. Exception being the way Msoft trys to sneak 10 onto my Win8
    updates. Well I fixed this **** too by turning off the irritating updates.

Take a hike.

ThomasBillRay, Aug 21, 2020
  3. ZoulJay Win User
    Upgrade from win8 to win10

I have already upgrade from win8 to win10 before 29 July 2016. After that my HDD is broken, I have to install windows on my new SSD. I use same key which I use to upgrade from win8 to win10 to install win8 (Niow it's 8.1). Today, I want to upgrade win10
    and I have some question.

1. Is there a upgrade directly from win8.1 to win10 ??

2. Can I use my win8 key to install win10 using windows10 installation media (with clean installation).

Thanks

ZoulJay, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?

How can I replace the Win10 Photos app with the Win8 Photos app?

So far, the Win10 Photos app seems to be a huge step back for me. The Win8 version of Photos worked fine for me. I selected which folders to choose from and when selected, photos were displayed full-screen. This functionality was changed in Win8.1 for
    the worse. Photos were not full-screen if they didn't meet a certain size requirement.

On the desktop, I generally use FastStone Image Viewer. However, for the tablet when I'm showing photos to others, I don't want or need edit functions popping up when they are swiping through photos.

I never thought I'd say that Win8 did much right, but the Photo app at the time got it right (for the way that I use it). The new Win10 Photo app is completely worthless for me in that it doesn't let me choose what to view. It sorts it all for me. I have my
    albums named, so that convention is completely ignored. I work with different volunteer groups and travel to other countries, so naming is very important to me. To not have that makes life difficult if I'm trying to find a certain group's folder to show in
    the Win10 Photos app. I'd rather uninstall the app altogether and replace it, if possible.

Can this be done?

Michael-Japan, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?

1. Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10? - Similar Threads - Move discontinued Win8

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  5. Win8 OEM is now Win10 OEM??? How Come?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win8 OEM is now Win10 OEM??? How Come?: So, I did that thing again where you go back to what your PC came with, in my case it is Win8.1, and then you feel bored so you upgrade to Windows 10 again. I remember doing this three times so far--and last two times I did not see Windows 8 OEM license shown as OEM in...
  6. Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10: Originally, I purchased Windows 8 and installed it on my Mac with Parallels. After installing, Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to remove Windows from Parallels and reinstall it using BootCamp. How can I do this? I do not have Windows 10 on disc or...
  7. Discontinued Windows 10 app

Discontinued Windows 10 app: Hello, First of all, let me explain what happened. About a year ago I installed this amazing graph plotting app. And recently I had some problems logging with my Microsoft account on my notebook. So, I had to reinstall Windows. Unfortunately, the creator of the app...
  8. moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving profile when HomeGroup is discontinued in Windows 10: How do i move a Windows 10 profile which is on a 2 year old computer (has HomeGroup) to a brand new computer which has the latest Windows 10 (from which HomeGroup has been discontinued)?...
  9. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux: Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10? Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows booting, an MS screen (blue) appears asking me to choose between two different Windows 8.1 installations. One of them is in fact...
  10. Downgrading to Win8 then upgrading to Win10 again questions

Downgrading to Win8 then upgrading to Win10 again questions: Hi, I'm currently having a weird activation problem with Windows 10, and I was considering reverting to Windows 8 and start the process again to see if that would fix things. I tried to use the 'revert to previous build' but it said it couldn't locate the required files or...