Windows 10: move downloads folder to onedrive

Discus and support move downloads folder to onedrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by grietje D, Jun 1, 2022.

1. grietje D Win User

move downloads folder to onedrive

I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer, I have the "OneDrive" location and in the "This PC" location, the "Downloads" folder syncs everything that's in OneDrive.The way I did it was I:Right-clicked "Downloads"Clicked "Properties > Location Tab > Move..."I then selected "OneDrive" then the "Select Folder" buttonI am trying to undo this all but I can't figu

:)

grietje D, Jun 1, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 1, 2022
  3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jun 1, 2022
  4. move downloads folder to onedrive

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

move downloads folder to onedrive

1. move downloads folder to onedrive - Similar Threads - move downloads folder

2. move downloads folder to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move downloads folder to onedrive: I wanted to sync my general "This PC\Downloads" folder to One Drive. I was able to successfully do so; however, it didn't create a "Downloads" folder in OneDrive and instead just synced all folders in both OneDrive and Downloads except Personal Vault.Now, in Windows Explorer,...
  3. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Downloads folder: I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks...
  4. Moving Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Downloads folder: I moved my downloads folder to my D: drive but whenever I try to delete the downloads from the C: drive it also deletes them from my D: drive. How can I fix this? Thanks...
  5. Moving Downloads folder

6. Download folder moved

Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  7. Download folder moved

Download folder moved: My Windows 10 Download folder has been moved to my Music folder and I need help to get it back to where it was.When I try to get access to it the following message appears.F:Downloads is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  8. Moving download folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving download folder: Hi, I have moved the download folder (win10, 2004) from the C drive to a backup drive and now I have 2 download folders. When I delete files/folders in the original folder on C it also deletes the same files in the moved folder on the backup drive. Why is that? 159630
  9. Moving OneDrive folders

Moving OneDrive folders: How do i move my documents and photos from OneDrive to my computer or google drive? The save icon is grayed out and cannot be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-onedrive-folders/72ea425b-90ee-4ba8-93e3-a3501de7c1cb"
  10. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...