Windows 10: Move Edge install folder

Discus and support Move Edge install folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; at some point i moved my default location for new Apps to a different drive (from the system drive), and now i'd like to change it to another one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by facboy, Aug 20, 2021.

1. facboy Win User

Move Edge install folder

at some point i moved my default location for new Apps to a different drive (from the system drive), and now i'd like to change it to another one again. it's easy enough to change the setting for new apps under storage, and i managed to move nearly all the installed apps using their entries under Apps and Features. i can't for the life of me work out how to move edge though, there are all these "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge.Stable_92.0.902.78_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe" etc dirs under eg G:\WindowsApps, and if i use the 'Modify -> Repair' option for Edge under Apps and Features the timestamps on the latest dirs update so clearly it is still pointing to that drive somehow. any ideas?

:)

facboy, Aug 20, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 20, 2021
  3. I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: (Press
      Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.

• Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested under
    the step 1.

I hope the above information helps you to locate the EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 20, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Move Edge install folder

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Move Edge install folder

1. Move Edge install folder - Similar Threads - Move Edge install

2. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Folder: I had moved folders such as those of 'One Drive', 'Google Drive' and '.pst files folder of MS outlook', to another drive without any issues so far.Now I want to move the data folder, including downloads, of 'WhatsApp' desktop to another drive.I always use WhatsApp desktop...
  3. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Folder: I had moved folders such as those of 'One Drive', 'Google Drive' and '.pst files folder of MS outlook', to another drive without any issues so far.Now I want to move the data folder, including downloads, of 'WhatsApp' desktop to another drive.I always use WhatsApp desktop...
  4. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. moving folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving folders: This is no doubt an easy, perhaps even stupid, question. I want to move a very large folder pictures from the small C drive on my computer to the D drive, which is much larger. With windows 10 and previous iterations of windows, this was easy; there was an option on the...
  6. moving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving folders: This is no doubt an easy, perhaps even stupid, question. I want to move a very large folder pictures from the small C drive on my computer to the D drive, which is much larger. With windows 10 and previous iterations of windows, this was easy; there was an option on the...
  7. Moving Windows 10 installation files to sub-folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 installation files to sub-folder: Sorry if this is a bit of a mundane question... I have two USB drives with separate Windows 10 installation files on them 1x Home Ed, 1x Pro. Is it safe to move them into two sub-folders on one drive, eg G:/Win-10-Home-Inst and G:/Win-10-Pro-Inst? Thanks....
  8. Moving from Edge Chromium beta to Stable (Overwriting Default folder)?

in Browsers and Email
    Moving from Edge Chromium beta to Stable (Overwriting Default folder)?: I used Edge Chromium beta almost from the beginning of its release and liked it a lot. I kept using beta after stable release because it would leave old Edge alone and was not much different from stable. With time my beta edge is personalized with settings, extensions and...
  9. When are Extensions in Edge Dev moved to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    When are Extensions in Edge Dev moved to Edge: I seem to have missed the boat here*Tongue but I don't know when things developed in Edge Dev are moved to Edge? Possibly I can just use Edge Dev and eventually it becomes Edge. I have a bit of a problem using Flash in Dev where I don't in Edge. At any rate both of them have...
  10. Folder move

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder move: Hi, I was moving a large folder to a different location on the same drive at work but had to leave for the weekend before it finished. I paused the operation and left my computer on but locked, thinking I would just resume it on monday. What would happen if someone turned the...