Windows 10: Move efi system partition on a different drive than c

Discus and support Move efi system partition on a different drive than c in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On so the last time i did anything kind of computer repair was before efi. My wife has a mini laptop that came with a shit 32gb emmc drive. Today i put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/retrotechrepair, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Move efi system partition on a different drive than c

On so the last time i did anything kind of computer repair was before efi. My wife has a mini laptop that came with a shit 32gb emmc drive. Today i put a 240gb ssd in it because she literally can’t install anything. I cloned her original emmc to the new ssd. It also cloned the efi system partition and recovery partition. The emmc is basically useless to her. I was just curious if I could move the efi and recovery partitions back to the emmc.

submitted by /u/retrotechrepair
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/retrotechrepair, Mar 25, 2021
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Move efi system partition on a different drive than c :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Merge EFI System partition with Windows/Main (C) partition

Hello,

My Windows 10 installation created a separate EFI partition which contains the boot files. See picture:

Move efi system partition on a different drive than c 4be8c261-15a5-4a5a-a12b-5a4704b21a80.png

What I would like to do is merge the boot files from the EFI partition onto the main (C drive) partition so I can remove that extra partition. I cannot find any documentation on how to do this.

Although it says the boot files are on the C partition already, I know they are actually on the EFI partition because when you look into the EFI partition, I can see them - I'm not sure why this view is saying that the boot files are on the C partition.

At any rate, I want it all to be a single partition.

There is lots of documentation which talks about moving EFI boot files OFF the main (C drive) partition to a new/different partition, but nothing I could find describes the merge that I'm trying to do.

Please help.

Thanks

Bob

RobertBelusko, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Move efi system partition on a different drive than c

EFI system partition, OEM partition

Hi,

My W10 system came installed on a standard 500GB drive c: (Laptop).

I subsequently had the system cloned onto a SSD for speed (new c: drive) and use the old drive (now e: )for data only. Now I have an EFI system partition, numerous recovery partitions, OEM partition on both drives.

I have recently been getting numerous disk errors (appears to be software related - diskscan shows no errors) and am trying to clean up everything while tracing the error.

My question is:- Do I need all these partitions on my e: drive, and if not can I delete all these partitions on the e: drive, and reinitialize the drive? Will probably use DISKPART to do this.

Stephen

StephenBredenkamp, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Move efi system partition on a different drive than c

1. Move efi system partition on a different drive than c - Similar Threads - Move efi system

2. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  3. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move "EFI System Partition"?: Hi guys, I need to move my m.2 drivedisk 1 in pic above to a different pc but when I did so, it didn't boot. When I installed windows 10 onto disk 1, I'm pretty sure disk 0 was plugged in as well. I suspect that the reason disk 1 won't boot on a different pcwithout disk 0 is...
  4. How to move "EFI System Partition"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  6. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  7. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  8. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  9. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How to "move" an EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to "move" an EFI system partition: I'd like to move a 200MiB EFI partition to the D-drive to join some unallocated space together. It's on my hard drive (D: drive) and if i don't need it at all i would like to delete it. Planning on dual booting Debian on the ~300GiB of unused space.[ATTACH]...