Windows 10: Move file from hard disk to external

Discus and support Move file from hard disk to external in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dries van Zyl, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Move file from hard disk to external

If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva.

:)

Dries van Zyl, Jun 23, 2022

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 23, 2022
  4. michael Win User

Move file from hard disk to external

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Move file from hard disk to external

1. Move file from hard disk to external - Similar Threads - Move file hard

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. External hard disk is not shown in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard disk is not shown in File Explorer: I recently exchanged my laptop with a new hp pavillion laptop. So that I am using the hard disk from old laptop as an external storage. I didn't cleared any of the datas and also the windows installation files were also there. The hard disk was working fine for 2-3 times of...
  4. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  5. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  6. Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?: I wanted to reinstall it because my Windows "broke" it. Now I have no space for Windows on the full hard disk Do I have to delete them? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/daten-von-festplatte-auf-externe-festplatte-legen-ohne-installierte-windows-version
  7. You can't move Fortnite from external hard disk to pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You can't move Fortnite from external hard disk to pc?: Good evening, I rebuilt my pc 1-2 days ago and wanted to play Fortnite (please don't hate play it because of my girlfriend :D) install. Had to drag it from my laptop to an external hard drive so I don't have to download everything to my pc. Now I did it like I did...
  8. Move files to an external hard drive

Move files to an external hard drive: i want to move pictured from my computers hard drive to an external hard drive via a usb port. When I right click and copy and go to past... I cant find the usc hard drive option to past to? thanks...
  9. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28
  10. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC: I have an external hard drive where I moved all of my mac photos to. I now have a PC with windows 10, but I can't find a way to save the photos onto my computer. The hard drive is recognized in disk management, but does not appear under devices. I would like to format it to...