Windows 10: Move files from Outlook to C: Drive without having to rename

Discus and support Move files from Outlook to C: Drive without having to rename in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10. The 2 options when dragging and dropping a file with same name/subject line from Outlook to C: do not allow you to keep both files. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M Gaudet, Jan 30, 2020.

1. M Gaudet Win User

Move files from Outlook to C: Drive without having to rename

Windows 10. The 2 options when dragging and dropping a file with same name/subject line from Outlook to C: do not allow you to keep both files. What is the EASIEST WAY to do this? Renaming the email is not an ideal option. Is there a way to automatically rename files with same name automatically? I'm sure there used to be an option to keep both files. Is this a Windows 10 issue?

Move files from Outlook to C: Drive without having to rename 987c40bd-5baa-4007-9538-599754f845b7?upload=true.jpg

:)

M Gaudet, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Lis7 Win User

Outlook send/receive issue after moving pst files to Drive D

I need some advice, as this issue is driving me pretty crazy and the solutions I've found online so far don't seem to work or have negative downstream consequences.
    Win 10 (oem), v.1903
    Office 2019 Home and Business (oem)
    Internal Drive C: program files (but the oem install has the Documents folder on Drive C too for some reason)
    Internal Drive D: data files
    Background

1. After activating Outlook 2019, Windows automatically placed each pst file in C:\\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files\L: [email protected] Instead, I would like to store each Outlook pst file (have multiple email addresses/pst files) in a Documents folder (or some other folder) on Drive D.
    2. To move the original Documents folder from drive C to Drive D I closed Outlook, right-clicked the original Documents folder and used the Properties/Location tab to move it to a new Documents folder I had previously created on drive D. That step seemed to work correctly, and each pst file was now in the new Documents folder on Drive D.
    3. After the folder move, I launched Outlook and used the resulting "Outlook can't find" popup to specify a new file path for each pst file. However, while I can see each new file path in Outlook's Account Settings, it throws send and receive error messages (e.g.: "Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed") and won't send or receive for each account. This continues to happen after closing and reopening Outlook.
    4. I moved the Documents folder back to where it was on drive C. I tried this several times, using the Outlook error popup to try to remap each email account to the new Documents path on Drive D.
    Bottom line is that this Outlook send/receive issue is also preventing me from moving my Documents folder to the D drive where I want it, because when I move it, it messes up Outlook.
    Question

• After I move each pst file and specify the new file paths in the Outlook popup, how do I get Outlook to send/receive for those email accounts?
    Thank you in advance.

3. newtekie1 Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Move files from Outlook to C: Drive without having to rename - Similar Threads - Move files Outlook

2. how to move file folders from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move file folders from C drive to D drive: How do I move folders from C drive to D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-file-folders-from-c-drive-to-d-drive/ba455194-5c95-4cf4-8fb6-2be2a8242972
  3. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?: Hi,I want to move some file from C drive to D drive.The files I have in C drive are Drivers, IREPSSigner, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Filesx86, Tally.ERP6,Users, Windows.What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?...
  4. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  5. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  6. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Moving files from c: drive (SSD) to e: drive (hdd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving files from c: drive (SSD) to e: drive (hdd): [ATTACH] So i have an ssd with 447gb and a hdd with 595gb as shown below: https://preview.redd.it/z58f5igsmgs51.png?width=895&format=png&auto=webp&s=d648dbd5c143f4dd5909c761054dadddde1397e7 I want to move some files into hdd to have more space. But I've heard that it...
  8. Files moved from C: drive to external drive

Files moved from C: drive to external drive: H! My 13-year-old decided to make space on the computer by dragging files from the c: drive to an external drive. Now all the file paths are messed up. I don't know what he moved from where exactly and I don't want to just drag things back and make things worse. We are not...
  9. How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them?

How can I move Outlook items with same name to Z Drive without having to rename them?: The option to move and leave the same as it was is GONE! Looking for a simple solution as I have to move thousands of emails and can't rename the duplicates. This seems to be a Windows 10 oddity....
  10. Outlook, How do I move an email to another outlook file and rename it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook, How do I move an email to another outlook file and rename it: Good morning all I am involved in a court case where there are a huge abundance of emails to keep. I need to have different folders, all within outlook and need to move them from the inbox to these different folders and rename them (so as to find what I want easily) How...