Windows 10: Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10

Discus and support Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I seem to have 2 separate locations for photos since getting a new pc with windows 10. If I wish to upload a photo to a website ads etc. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikWithington, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10

I seem to have 2 separate locations for photos since getting a new pc with windows 10.

If I wish to upload a photo to a website ads etc. the "pictures" folder opens, but the picture required may be in "photos" app?

Can I transfer all photos from "photos" to "pictures"? so all photo files are in the same place?

Hope this makes sense.

I am pc illiterate! Well not quite

Thanks

:)

MikWithington, Jun 28, 2020

2. I am wanting to know how to move pictures from the Windows photo file to my computer photo file.

Hi Trisha,

• When you say, "Windows photo file" are you referring to Windows photo app?
    • When you say, "computer photo file" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to move?
    I suggest you to copy and paste the pictures and check if this helps.

• Open the picture which you want to move, right click on it and select copy.
    • Go to the location where you want to move, right click and paste it.
    Write us back with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 28, 2020
  3. MOVING ALL PICTURES/VIDEOS FROM THE PHOTO APP TO PICTURE FILE

'My Pictures' did show an access denied message, but this was solved. 'My pictures' only had some of the missing pictures in it.

Pictures in question were transferred from an external hard drive when I purchased this computer. The computer had Windows 8 and I updated to Windows 10. The photos have ended up in The Photo App. I need to be able to access all the photos. I have purchased
    a new hard drive, can I transfer the photos from the Photo App and transfer them back to the computer so they go to pictures in This PC? HOW?

I have tried to make Windows Photo Viewer my default program but I can't successfully do that. I can view the photos in The Photo App and Windows Media Player.

Glen Hilver, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10

how do I move photos from collection to a file in desktop

Hello Phillip,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• From which location you are moving those photos to the desktop?
    I understand that you are unable to add pictures into Windows 10 Photo Album.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Copy the images that you want to view in the photo app.

2. Open the Photo app.

3. Click on Album.

4.On the right side of the window you will see
    Picture folder.

5. Click on Picture folder.

6. Paste the copied images in to the Saved folder.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10

1. Move files from "photos" to "pictures"windows 10 - Similar Threads - Move files photos

2. Photos app doesn't show any picturesWindows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app doesn't show any picturesWindows 11: I can not open any picture using the pre-installed Windows Photo app.I only see the black blackground. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-show-any-pictureswindows-11/71a20124-532c-4b63-99ab-178d9564810f
  3. Photos app doesn't show any picturesWindows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app doesn't show any picturesWindows 11: I can not open any picture using the pre-installed Windows Photo app.I only see the black blackground. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-doesnt-show-any-pictureswindows-11/71a20124-532c-4b63-99ab-178d9564810f
  4. How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?

How Do I Move a Photo to Windows 10 Desktop from Photos?: I have moved Photos in the past to my desktop, but Photos doesn't seem to want to give me the option any more. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks....
  5. moving files to different folders in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving files to different folders in photos: When organizing photo files, windows denies ability to move or rename, says file is not available, does not exist. the file is still there, but does not display. I have to reboot. The computer stalls on reboot and close. I have to hold the start button down & computer closes....
  6. Moved photo files on entire c:drive

Moved photo files on entire c:drive: So I was attempting to organize my photos after finding the PhotoMover 2.5 program and I accidentally moved every photo file on my entire c: drive to either a newly created duplicate files folder or photos folder organized by exif information! Everything is now a mess! I...
  7. Moving pic from MS Photos

Moving pic from MS Photos: Photo Gallery was easy to work with. Photos is the most screwed up affair they could come up with. How the heck do you email a photo, or save it to the desktop in Win 10? I tried "share", which I've never used before, and it wanted me to add accounts to some app. I detest...
  8. Moving photos from iPhone to PC

Moving photos from iPhone to PC: I've been trying to move photos from my iPhone to my PC for an hour and it doesn't work. I am doing the guide that I found on the internet (open photos and import) and it all looked good. I press on import then it dectects all of them, after that I chose all to go into my...
  9. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  10. move photo from email to pictures

move photo from email to pictures: move photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-photo-from-email-to-pictures/392e62b4-0076-4b49-9b48-2b775b26e0d8"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move photos to pictures in windows 10