Windows 10: Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu.

Discus and support Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have many Folders related to work and personal stuff. Example: Utilities Accounts Subscriptions Bills etc. Each of these folders has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReyKenobi, Oct 31, 2018.

1. ReyKenobi Win User

Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu.

Hi,
    I have many Folders related to work and personal stuff. Example:
    • Utilities
    • Accounts
    • Subscriptions
    • Bills
    etc.

Each of these folders has a sub-folder named "Archive" where I move files when I am done with them.

I was wondering, is there is a way to have a context menu entry, say "Move to Archive" or "Archive It", such that I can select one or more file, right-click & select the entry, and the selected files are moved to the sub-folder named Archive in whatever Folder I am working in.

So if I am working in Bills, the files will get moved to the Archive sub-folder under Bills, and so on.

I am open to a registry hack or a third-party app, whatever achieves this result.

:)

ReyKenobi, Oct 31, 2018

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu. :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Leandro Win User
    Leandro, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu.

How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu.

1. Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu. - Similar Threads - Move files custom

2. Moving files to a sub-folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files to a sub-folder: When I try to move a file from a folder to a sub-folder, it puts the file in the sub-folder, but remains in the original folder also. I've gone to Windows Explorer > View > Options > View > Folders > and reset the folder options to default but that does nothing. This must...
  3. Moving Windows 10 installation files to sub-folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 installation files to sub-folder: Sorry if this is a bit of a mundane question... I have two USB drives with separate Windows 10 installation files on them 1x Home Ed, 1x Pro. Is it safe to move them into two sub-folders on one drive, eg G:/Win-10-Home-Inst and G:/Win-10-Pro-Inst? Thanks....
  4. Customize File Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer context menu?: I tried searching the tutorials but came up empty . . . Is it possible to customize the file explorer context menu to remove items you don't want to appear on the menu? The "context" in this case is the menu that appears when you click on a .txt file, an image file or a...
  5. delayed action to open sub context menu

delayed action to open sub context menu: After opening the context menu there is a 20 second delay to open 'New' in the sub context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delayed-action-to-open-sub-context-menu/6d869444-2fdb-44ce-951b-ab5c93cf6fba"
  6. Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...

Randomly some files in a folder in a sub folder of the main folder are moved to the main...: I have a folder named Music, with several subfolders and the subfolder has further sub folders. e.g. Music - The rest - Artie Shaw. For some reason the "Artie Shaw" folder copies itself to "Music" (from "The rest") and moves a few of the files from Artie Shaw. The original...
  7. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  8. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  9. ''Customize this Folder'' context menu

''Customize this Folder'' context menu: Hi, Is there a wizard around that can give me a .reg file to remove ''Customize this Folder'' from the context menu? [img] ''Customize this Folder'' context menu : techsupport 34546
  10. Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 When you press and hold or right click on selected file(s) and folder(s) and click/tap on Copy To folder,...