Windows 10: Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu.

Discus and support Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have many Folders related to work and personal stuff. Example: Utilities Accounts Subscriptions Bills etc. Each of these folders has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReyKenobi, Oct 31, 2018.

1. ReyKenobi Win User

Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu.

Hi,
    I have many Folders related to work and personal stuff. Example:
    • Utilities
    • Accounts
    • Subscriptions
    • Bills
    etc.

Each of these folders has a sub-folder named "Archive" where I move files when I am done with them.

I was wondering, is there is a way to have a context menu entry, say "Move to Archive" or "Archive It", such that I can select one or more file, right-click & select the entry, and the selected files are moved to the sub-folder named Archive in whatever Folder I am working in.

So if I am working in Bills, the files will get moved to the Archive sub-folder under Bills, and so on.

I am open to a registry hack or a third-party app, whatever achieves this result.

:)

ReyKenobi, Oct 31, 2018
  2. ArmoredCavalry Win User

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu. :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Leandro Win User
    Leandro, Oct 31, 2018
  4. francis511 Win User

How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Move files to a custom sub-folder using context menu. - Similar Threads - Move files custom

2. Context menu not working on HD files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu not working on HD files: OK here we go again Don't know what happened to my other thread ??? If I right click on large (High Definition) video files to see the context menu the process starts but never completes. If I click again most times it will simply white out and freeze. No problems at all...
  3. No context menu HD video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No context menu HD video files: I have many video files some are High Definition Movies. When I right click on the larger (HD) files the action to show the context menu begins but then it just churns away for as long as i care to wait but the context menu will not appear. If I click again most times it...
  4. Trying to unblock all files in folder/sub-folders with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to unblock all files in folder/sub-folders with Powershell: Well, I'm not having success accomplishing what apparently is supposed to be possible using Powershell. I'm running Win10 1803 and Powershell is Major 5, so the "unblock-file" feature is definitely available. I have recently discovered that I have a number of assorted...
  5. Pinning files to links context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning files to links context menu: If I right-click the Excel link in my windows start menu, the context menu displays several pinned excel files that I commonly use. I need to change the properties (file location) in one of these pinned links. I recall creating some desktop short cuts and then moving them to...
  6. ''Customize this Folder'' context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    ''Customize this Folder'' context menu: Hi, Is there a wizard around that can give me a .reg file to remove ''Customize this Folder'' from the context menu? [img] ''Customize this Folder'' context menu : techsupport 34546
  7. Moving File History Folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Moving File History Folder: I have my File History on a physical internal hard drive that is now almost completely full. I wanted to know if I could move the entire fie history to a newer and much larger drive? I understand I can create a new File History drive but I'm assuming in doing this I will...
  8. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer: Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click...
  9. how to create sub-folders in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create sub-folders in the start menu: I would like to organize my All Apps portion of the start menu in W10 as I did in W7. So far I have not figured out how to do this. There are a couple of problems. 1. Some programs just do not appear. I have one folder containing 3 shtcts. 2 appear and Uninstall does not. I...
  10. Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10: Shawn quick question for you, I am working on a Windows 7 home machine for a friend. Going to update it later to Win 10 Home. Can I use your "Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder" reg addon's on his Windows 7 home computer, until I update it to 10 ?? 29141