Windows 10: Move folder out of one drive into exterior flash drive

Discus and support Move folder out of one drive into exterior flash drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had to re format an exterior flash drive so I moved 30.5GB of files to one drive temporarily. PC has only 12GB of free space so that's why I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sp50, Dec 25, 2020.

1. sp50 Win User

Move folder out of one drive into exterior flash drive

I had to re format an exterior flash drive so I moved 30.5GB of files to one drive temporarily. PC has only 12GB of free space so that's why I didn't move the folder there temporarily. I am trying to move the folder back to the flash drive but it won't let me. Support says to move the folder/files to PC then move them to exterior drive. If I had the space in the PC I would have moved the folder there temporarily in the first place instead of one drive. Anyone have other suggestions?

:)

2. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Move folder out of one drive into exterior flash drive - Similar Threads - Move folder drive

2. Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!: For my entire adult life, I have been saving my documents and pictures on my PC under "Documents" and "Photos." But I looked in File Explore today and low and behold -- ALL of my documents and photos are GONE. I checked under ONE Drive and I found them there instead....
  3. Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!: For my entire adult life, I have been saving my documents and pictures on my PC under "Documents" and "Photos." But I looked in File Explore today and low and behold -- ALL of my documents and photos are GONE. I checked under ONE Drive and I found them there instead....
  4. One drive versus One drive folder

One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  5. One drive versus One drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive versus One drive folder: Hi, I'm a bit confused, I had a folder 'mystuff', on the C drive and also in the onedrive docs desktop, folder, but I was not sure as to was using. So I made sure I had all the files I want on the C drive version , deleted the onedrive desktop version and just put a short cut...
  6. Onedrive not installed : cannot move docs folder out of one drive folder

Onedrive not installed : cannot move docs folder out of one drive folder: Client's computer: Windows 11 NO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WAS CREATED/USED during setupOnedrive is NOT installed.......I cannot get to the backup settings as instructed.A couple of months ago i setup a computer for a client.. After i had copied 20gb of pictures an error is displayed...
  7. Onedrive not installed : cannot move docs folder out of one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive not installed : cannot move docs folder out of one drive folder: Client's computer: Windows 11 NO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WAS CREATED/USED during setupOnedrive is NOT installed.......I cannot get to the backup settings as instructed.A couple of months ago i setup a computer for a client.. After i had copied 20gb of pictures an error is displayed...
  8. How to remove one drive and move my items from the one drive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove one drive and move my items from the one drive folder: I would like to remove one drive from my computer and rearrange my documents and other folders that are under the OneDrive folder. Also can I change my user name under \users without messing up other things? Thanks!...
  9. One Drive wiped out folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive wiped out folders: Prior to the May update, there was a different update that wiped out my entire Picture folder from One Drive. Let me be clear, I do not want One Drive or ANY cloud hosting service. They're unstable, unreliable and not secure. I have two internal backup drives and two external...
  10. 3.0 TB exterior Haed drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.0 TB exterior Haed drive: I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not,my wife got me a 3TB exterior hard drive for christmas. I plugged it to my Hp 32 bit .Pc on the instructions it says to plug the hard drive into a usb 3.0 port for usb 3.0 transfer speeds I have 5 usb ports on my PC...