Windows 10: Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk

Discus and support Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello. I downloaded the "Hallo, The Major Collection" game pack from the Windows store.My problem is that the 116GB have installed on my SSD disk c :... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MoDen1, Dec 16, 2020.

1. MoDen1 Win User

Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk

Hello. I downloaded the "Hallo, The Major Collection" game pack from the Windows store.My problem is that the 116GB have installed on my SSD disk c : and I don't have much space left since.I want to move everything to my external SSD and thus free up space.I did not find a conclusive and recent answer on this forum.How do I move these files and games installed from the Windows Store to my external drive? Thank You for your help ;-

:)

MoDen1, Dec 16, 2020

2. SSD not being shown in disk management

Western Digital got back to me and this solved my problem:

Thank you for your continued response.

Please perform the steps mentioned below to run Diskpart. Please note that following steps will erase all the data on the SSD including partitions and boot sector.

1. Open Command Prompt, Click on Start - Run - Type cmd and hit Enter.

2. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.

3. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.

4. Type sel disk #number, and then press ENTER. Number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.

5. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.

6. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.

7. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close

FLY LIK A MUG, Dec 16, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    GPT disk conversion for both data drives and C drive

Macrium Rescue disk can be used to convert from MBR to GPT and vice versa without doing a fresh install of Windows.

1. Download Rescue6.1.1081X64.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB disk. Skip this step if you've already created the Macrium Rescue disk.
    2. Download: BootEFI_Only-00-00.zip - Google Drive . Unzip to an external or an internal HD
      NOTE:
      This is a copy of the first 3 partitions of my current Windows 10 x64 (450MB Recovery, 100MB EFI and 16MB MSR)
    3. Boot up Macrium Rescue disk and create a backup of your current Windows to another internal/external HD. It serves 2 purposes: you'd have a backup of your current Windows in case things go wrong and then use it to restore the C drive on the next steps.
    4. Next, switch the BIOS to UEFI and use Macrium to restore the first 3 partitions downloaded in step 2 to your current MBR Windows. No need to convert or Format, Macrium will do it.
    5. Again with Macrium, select the backup image from step 3, and copy back the C drive after the 3 partitions.
      After this step, you should have: 450MB, 100MB, 16MB and C drive (GPT partition scheme)
    6. From Macrium, click on Fix the Windows Boot Problems
    7. Reboot. Your Windows should be in UEFI mode.

topgundcp, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk

Can't find External Hard disk?

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us.

To assist you better, please provide us more information

• Did you tried all the methods from my previous response?

• What is the make and model of the external disk?

• Does the external device is detecting on Disk management?
    The issue you are facing could be due to external disk driver is being outdated. You can also try below steps to update the external disk driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager.

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand it, right click on the
      device and Update it.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk

1. Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk - Similar Threads - Move game data

2. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  3. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  4. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. move some files from disk C to disk D/E

move some files from disk C to disk D/E: Hello, i want to ask what should i do to move some files from disk C to disk D/E because my disk C is almost full. And what kind of file that i can move? Thank you very much...
  6. Moving a VHDX from C drive to external SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving a VHDX from C drive to external SSD: Hi all, Just have Windows home here, and am curious how to move a VHDX to an external drive. It is on the C drive now but C drive is only 15 percent free now. Simply just taking the file and copying it won't work. Well, it will, but it will take forever. If I delete...
  7. Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?: I wanted to reinstall it because my Windows "broke" it. Now I have no space for Windows on the full hard disk Do I have to delete them? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/daten-von-festplatte-auf-externe-festplatte-legen-ohne-installierte-windows-version
  8. 100 Disk Issue - External SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 Disk Issue - External SSD?: Hi, I know many people have posted about the 100% disk usage issue. I have a year old Dell Inspiron and its basically been unusable since day 1. It has a HDD. Everyone replies to these posts saying switch to SSD. But how do I do this with a laptop? Can I use am external SSD?...
  9. Disk Management for External SSD drive

Disk Management for External SSD drive: I bought a Samsung 500 GB SSD T5 and I'd like to use it without the Samsung app, just as an external drive. Disk management shows it as a 42 MB partition. I'd like to delete this partition and reclaim the rest of my 500 GBs but nothing I do will allow this. Is this an...
  10. Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10: My new HP computer came with two disk drives, C: and D:. C: is a very small one and is named Windows C:. Some programs are installed by default in drive C: with no option to change the Drive. If I uninstall such programs, when I try to installed again, the installation goes...