Windows 10: Move hard drive to another machine

Discus and support Move hard drive to another machine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine. I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KenUnix, Mar 17, 2020.

1. KenUnix Win User

Move hard drive to another machine

I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine.

I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine.

Since this other machine has the same hardware as the failed machine

would there be any issues in doing so?

I have the COA and code for Windows 10 of the original machine.

It was running Windows 10 home 1909 18363 64 bit.

There is so much on that hard drive. Over 400GB. Virtual machines,

running WSL Ubuntu and Debian to name a few applications.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

KenUnix, Mar 17, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 17, 2020
  3. little cat, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Move hard drive to another machine - Similar Threads - Move hard drive

2. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  3. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows to another hard drive: i have my laptod with Windows 10 Pro 21H1 on Sata Drive 1TB. Now i have added an SSD 250GB Hard with it for faster processing. I want to move my complete OS to new SSD without loosing my softwares and file. What should i do. I will keep using the old drive as extension drive...
  4. Moving Windows to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copy one hard drive "in toto" and move to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy one hard drive "in toto" and move to another hard drive: I have purchased a 2 TB Samsung SSD to replace a 2 TB Toshiba HD - it is the system boot drive. What software have you successfully used to move one drive to the other - so that when I power off and remove the Toshiba HD, the system boots from the new 2 TB Samsung SSD???...
  6. Move Hard Drive from One Laptop to Another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move Hard Drive from One Laptop to Another: I have two laptops, both are Dell Inspiron model 5558 with identical hardware configurations. Both are Win 10 version 1903. Due to a hinge issue with the primary machine, I want to move the hard drive from the one with the damaged hinge to the one without the hinge problem....
  7. Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving games from C Drive to another Hard Drive: Hello, I am trying to free up space on my C Drive Where Windows 10 Home is installed. How do I move games installed on C Drive to another Hard Drive? I have 2 additional Hard Drives on my PC. How do I do this without buying a program to do it. I want a simple solution to...
  8. Move Installation To Another Machine

Move Installation To Another Machine: So, I really need to move my installation to another machine, the machine it is currently off is flaky and has a couple of hardware issues. I run a dual drive setup with my user profile on another drive. I cloned the drives, just in case, and used the clones to attempt to...
  9. moving my hard drive into another laptop

moving my hard drive into another laptop: i have a toshiba 64 bit laptop and it is starting to go bad. i have a hp probook 6460b 64 bit that has not hard drive in it. so i took the drive out of the toshiba and put it into the hp and after it did it's thing telling me some hardware has changed and finally started up...
  10. Moving all Virtual machines to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving all Virtual machines to another drive: I have to move all of my virtual machines to a new SSD because the old SSD is out of space. Is it best to use this -> Move Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 procedure to move all of my virtual system to another physical drive one by one ? Also once they are moved, will...