Windows 10: Move hard drive to another machine

Discus and support Move hard drive to another machine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine. I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KenUnix, Mar 17, 2020.

1. KenUnix Win User

Move hard drive to another machine

I have a failed Dell 5755 laptop. I got a replacement. Same type machine.

I would like to move the internal hard drive to the other machine.

Since this other machine has the same hardware as the failed machine

would there be any issues in doing so?

I have the COA and code for Windows 10 of the original machine.

It was running Windows 10 home 1909 18363 64 bit.

There is so much on that hard drive. Over 400GB. Virtual machines,

running WSL Ubuntu and Debian to name a few applications.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

KenUnix, Mar 17, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 17, 2020
  3. little cat, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Move hard drive to another machine - Similar Threads - Move hard drive

2. Move Installation To Another Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Installation To Another Machine: So, I really need to move my installation to another machine, the machine it is currently off is flaky and has a couple of hardware issues. I run a dual drive setup with my user profile on another drive. I cloned the drives, just in case, and used the clones to attempt to...
  3. Moving a hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving a hard drive: I have a windows 7 home (64 bit) desktop and a windows 10 pro (64 bit) ver 1903 desktop. Can I pull the 350gb storage hard drive from the windows 7 pc and install it in the windows 10 pc (both pcs are SATA) without loosing any of the files on the hard drive. Can I just move...
  4. Temporarily moving Hard drive to another computer for data extraction

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporarily moving Hard drive to another computer for data extraction: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Hello, I could use a bit of advice. I recently had my primary computer (let's call it, System 1) fail and so I'm building a new one. But in the meantime, I'm using a backup Windows 10 computer (System 2) (totally different hardware) However,...
  5. Moving hard drive

Moving hard drive: I have a windows 10 computer that is having mother board problem and another similar computer that the hard drive crashed. can I switch the good hard drive to the other computer...
  6. moving my hard drive into another laptop

moving my hard drive into another laptop: i have a toshiba 64 bit laptop and it is starting to go bad. i have a hp probook 6460b 64 bit that has not hard drive in it. so i took the drive out of the toshiba and put it into the hp and after it did it's thing telling me some hardware has changed and finally started up...
  7. Moving Hard Drive to Another Computer and Activating Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Hard Drive to Another Computer and Activating Windows: My screen on my old computer went out. So I moved my hard drive to my sister computer. Her computer was down as the hard drive was bad. I was running Windows 10 home She was running Windows 7 Pro. So in moving my harddrive it is requesting me to activate my copy of...
  8. Moving all Virtual machines to another drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Moving all Virtual machines to another drive: I have to move all of my virtual machines to a new SSD because the old SSD is out of space. Is it best to use this -> Move Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 procedure to move all of my virtual system to another physical drive one by one ? Also once they are moved, will...
  9. hard drive move

hard drive move: I have ask this before and have conflicting reply I have an old working comp gateway gt 5014 pent d 2.80 win 10 with 4 gig ram I woulld like to remove hdrive and put into a hp hpe210f amd phenom ii 945 quad 8 gig of ram not sure if this box was upgrades had win7 but...
  10. Can't access my hard drive from another machine?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my hard drive from another machine?: Hello, I have two machines on a workgroup network. One machine has win 7 and the other has Win 10. From win 10 machine I can access the C drive on the Win 7 machine since I shared the C drive on the win 7 machine. But I can't access the C drive on the win 10 machine...