Windows 10: Move harddisk to new Thinkpad- now activation issue

Discus and support Move harddisk to new Thinkpad- now activation issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I moved my Samsung SSD to my new T480 Lenovo Thinkpad (from an T440). I did so a year ago from on T440 to a new T440 with no problem at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ama_2019, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Ama_2019 Win User

Move harddisk to new Thinkpad- now activation issue

Hi everybody,

I moved my Samsung SSD to my new T480 Lenovo Thinkpad (from an T440). I did so a year ago from on T440 to a new T440 with no problem at all.

This time, I had to go into the bios to make the machine start from my Samsung SSD, and now Microsoft apperently does not accept the product keys anymore- neither from Windows 10 or from my Office licence. In contrast, there are some threats that I will not be able to use this software for long- and that annoys me because I paid all licences, and expect them to work.

All other software (non Microsoft) licences are fine.

I checked my MS account, and the harddrive is so to speak listed now as two machines, with the old one, of course not detectable any more.

I am wondering if it helped that I would delete the old machine? I haven't done yet so because it does only sound as if the old machine is than not visible any more but still in the MS system- and that probably wouldn't help much.

Looking forward to any reply.

Kind regards, Ama

:)

Ama_2019, Jan 19, 2019

2. changed harddisk window not activate error OxC004F074

I thing after changed harddisk,new harddisk not have Os.repaired person put not genion OS. So not active give good advice

krishnaraokaranam, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Move harddisk to new Thinkpad- now activation issue

ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Move harddisk to new Thinkpad- now activation issue

1. Move harddisk to new Thinkpad- now activation issue - Similar Threads - Move harddisk Thinkpad

2. cannot activate license after changing harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot activate license after changing harddisk: cannot activate license after changing harddiskI have previous window 8.1 license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-license-after-changing-harddisk/e656e958-74da-485e-8472-c225a9e4473d
  3. cannot activate license after changing harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot activate license after changing harddisk: cannot activate license after changing harddiskI have previous window 8.1 license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-license-after-changing-harddisk/e656e958-74da-485e-8472-c225a9e4473d
  4. New Motherboard Activation issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Motherboard Activation issues: I have recently gotten a new Motherboard (the SSD where Windows is installed has not changed) and I can't get rid of the "Activate Windows" message in the bottom right, I have the original product key but I keep getting error code 0x80041023 whenever I try to enter it and the...
  5. move to new ssd harddisk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    move to new ssd harddisk: hi there, i have installed and activated my win 10 os since last year in my conventional hard disk. now, i would like to move all my data to the new ssd sata hard disk. would you please show me the guidance how to perform it? thank you...
  6. Sound Issues on Lenovo ThinkPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Issues on Lenovo ThinkPad: Usually with every update Microsoft has us do, for some reason my sound tends to have some issues. I use CCleaner to clean the registry and everything is fine afterward, but it didn't fix the problem. I have tried every 'fix it yourself' trick in the book and online, aside...
  7. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...
  8. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Support
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...
  9. Moving Activation to a new MB

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving Activation to a new MB: I am a developer who does work for the VA and a DoD contractor. I am under orders to change-out my Intel MB for an AMD Threadripper one. I don't make the rules - I just have to follow them. I am on W10 Pro x64... How do I move my license from my existing MSI MB and...
  10. Moving to new computer - activation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving to new computer - activation question: I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro. I activated this Windows with a product key that I got over the phone from Microsoft because it was not possible to activate Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 8.1. In my Windows 10 Pro settings it says under Activation "Windows is...