Windows 10: Move icon freely inside a folder

Discus and support Move icon freely inside a folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I move my icon inside a folder. I dont mean on desktop, but inside a folder on C: disk. Now it is impossible to move icon around, they all seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ferale, Mar 22, 2021.

1. ferale Win User

Move icon freely inside a folder

How can I move my icon inside a folder. I dont mean on desktop, but inside a folder on C: disk. Now it is impossible to move icon around, they all seem to be lined up alphabetical. For example sometimes I want to move i file.txt to bottom right in folder window, but now it stays around in top line.

I was working fine in windows 7, but nor in win 10

:)

ferale, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Mr McC Win User

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused Move icon freely inside a folder :confused:

Mr McC, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Move icon freely inside a folder

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Move icon freely inside a folder :D

PVTCaboose1337, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Move icon freely inside a folder

1. Move icon freely inside a folder - Similar Threads - Move icon freely

2. Cannot move windows freely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot move windows freely: Hey,Since yesterday i suddenly cannot freely move around apps windows.When i select a window and want to move it, 3 yellow and 1 red box appears, and i can only drop the windows in one of those 4 corners.i guess i have changed some settings without my knowing.Can someone tell...
  3. Cannot move windows freely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot move windows freely: Hey,Since yesterday i suddenly cannot freely move around apps windows.When i select a window and want to move it, 3 yellow and 1 red box appears, and i can only drop the windows in one of those 4 corners.i guess i have changed some settings without my knowing.Can someone tell...
  4. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  5. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  6. Please bring back the ability to freely arrange icons within folders "DISABLE AUTO ARRANGE"!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please bring back the ability to freely arrange icons within folders "DISABLE AUTO ARRANGE"!: I just want to "disable" confounding Auto Arrange files within folders in Windows 10. I can't understand that when you leave file/folder icons in the position and order that you want and then Windows decides to mix them up. I'm continually wasting time trying to find lost...
  7. Desktop icons not moving correctly into folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons not moving correctly into folders: Whenever I move a new desktop icon into a folder, the image of the icon does not load and will not load no matter how many times I move it in and out of that folder. This is not specific to one folder or one icon, and happens all the time. The icon inside the folder will only...
  8. Accidentlly moved folder inside wowsys64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentlly moved folder inside wowsys64: So recently i opened the wowsys64 folder and accidentlly moved some random folder into another random folder inside the wowsys64 folder....ever since that i get the blue screen crash error....idk what folder that i have moved but i do suspect this one folder.... Should...
  9. icons inside a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    icons inside a folder: Has anybody figured out a way to arrange icons inside a folder and not have them revert to auto arrange ? I know i can number them or put them inside another folder but not of this was necessary in win 7. Pls adv thanks tom 118113
  10. Move all files inside folders to parent directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Move all files inside folders to parent directory: Hello, First of all, I would like to apologize if this topic is not in the correct forum. My problem is the following: I have a folder (let's call it BASKET), inside that folder I have many other folders (for the sake of the example, I will name for example 3 folders -...