Windows 10: Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10

Discus and support Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you have a lot of apps installed on your PC, try moving some […] This article Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 13, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 13, 2020
  2. TylerV76 Win User

New apps will save to: Greyed out

For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset windows to a fresh install, reformatted the drive. Rebooted a ton of times and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10 [​IMG]

TylerV76, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10

App save location, "save new apps to" greyed out

Hi,

I am trying to change the app save location for the windows store to my second and bigger SSD. The option "save new apps to" in settings is greyed out. My windows SSD is too tiny for a lot of apps especially considering windows store exclusive games coming
    out.

RobertHackel, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10

1. Move installed apps & New apps will save to settings greyed out in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Move installed apps

2. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  3. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  4. "move" is greyed out for Netflix app

"move" is greyed out for Netflix app: I'm asking this again. I see a thread from over a year ago with the same question but the windows 10 user said the solutions offered didn't work and the thread was locked. Is this what passes for help these days? No answer and just lock the thread? So I'm asking it again....
  5. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...
  6. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...
  7. The "move" button in apps and features is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The "move" button in apps and features is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification)...
  8. Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out

Storage\New apps will be saved to - greyed out: Finally got Store(Beta) working on version 10158. However when I try to move the apps to other partition the menu is greyed out. 7642
  9. win 10 settings app greyed out on taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 settings app greyed out on taskbar: I have just updated to win 10 release 1709 some problems but only one I need help with. The settings app is there on the taskbar but is not visible, has any one any ideas on how to restore this so that it is visible? 98586
  10. New apps will save to: Greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    New apps will save to: Greyed out: For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset windows to a fresh install, reformatted the drive. Rebooted a ton of times and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? [img]...