Windows 10: Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

Discus and support Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new HP computer came with two disk drives, C: and D:. C: is a very small one and is named Windows C:. Some programs are installed by default in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FRANKBERRIOS, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

My new HP computer came with two disk drives, C: and D:. C: is a very small one and is named Windows C:. Some programs are installed by default in drive C: with no option to change the Drive. If I uninstall such programs, when I try to installed again, the installation goes to C: again. How can I move those programs and data to Drive D:?

:)

FRANKBERRIOS, Aug 5, 2018
  2. RangooX2 Win User

No disk D after a clean install of Windows 10

Hello,

I've just finished with my clean install of windows 10 and the following issue occurred. I have only disk C: in This PC and I can't see where disk D: is. Actually the whole memory of the pc, according to my computer, serves to disk C: , which means that it
    has occupied everything. I would like to have my both disks (C: and DMove installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10 :) running. I've also found out that the USB I had burned to the windows 10 image is lebeled with a D: letter when pluged into the computer. Probably something with the disk partitioning
    went wrong, I don't know, please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10 :)

RangooX2, Aug 5, 2018
  3. SmokeyA Win User
    Partitioned disk Disk space -Windows 10 install

No you'll need more space free on your C: drive

I suggest uninstalling any programs you have on C: and re-installing them to D:

and any larger files video's etc, it would be worth moving to D:

following that perform a disk clean on C and include system files.

this should help free up as much space as possible.

SmokeyA, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

1. Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Move installed programs

2. Merging Local Disk C and D.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging Local Disk C and D.: Dear Whoever is reading this, I Bought a WD Blue 500GB hard drive. I have two local disks, C and D. Whenever I download something it instantly downloads to C, which is the one with less storage. IF by any chance anyone knows how to merge both of the disks that would be...
  3. moving windows from C: to D:

moving windows from C: to D:: Is this safe and possible cause I have a ssd that is almost full and i want to move the whole windows folder to data which I think is hdd but I don't know how or if it is safe to do so without any damage done....
  4. merging disk partitions C and D

merging disk partitions C and D: I have my hard drive partitioned into C and D. C is full and I want to merge them. Disk 0 has OS C:. There is something stuck in between Disk 0, 520MB Healthy recovery, passive, then Disk 1 Basic Unallocated. I cannot figure out how to get that recovery, passive bit out of...
  5. Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk: Hello. I downloaded the "Hallo, The Major Collection" game pack from the Windows store.My problem is that the 116GB have installed on my SSD disk c : and I don't have much space left since.I want to move everything to my external SSD and thus free up space.I did not find a...
  6. Transferring files from Local disk C to D

Transferring files from Local disk C to D: i wanted to transfer some of my files from local disk C to D so because my local disk C is filling up, plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-files-from-local-disk-c-to-d/32dea249-81c0-4c05-bed3-ba059521e709
  7. move some files from disk C to disk D/E

move some files from disk C to disk D/E: Hello, i want to ask what should i do to move some files from disk C to disk D/E because my disk C is almost full. And what kind of file that i can move? Thank you very much...
  8. C: Disk and D: Disk

C: Disk and D: Disk: I recently got a new computer running on Windows 10 which is awesome but there is something I wanna change and I don't know how. So, my problem is the download and save paths with the quick access folders. Downloads was set on default to save to the C: Drive, so I went into...
  9. Disk designations (C, D, etc.

Disk designations (C, D, etc.: I just cloned my original 2 TB data only disk to a 6 TB disk data only disk. However, the disk designation went from "D:" to "H:". Is there a way to reidentify it as "D:"?...
  10. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?: I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another and will my PC work properly if I do this?...