Windows 10: Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

Discus and support Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new HP computer came with two disk drives, C: and D:. C: is a very small one and is named Windows C:. Some programs are installed by default in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FRANKBERRIOS, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

My new HP computer came with two disk drives, C: and D:. C: is a very small one and is named Windows C:. Some programs are installed by default in drive C: with no option to change the Drive. If I uninstall such programs, when I try to installed again, the installation goes to C: again. How can I move those programs and data to Drive D:?

:)

FRANKBERRIOS, Aug 5, 2018
  2. RangooX2 Win User

No disk D after a clean install of Windows 10

Hello,

I've just finished with my clean install of windows 10 and the following issue occurred. I have only disk C: in This PC and I can't see where disk D: is. Actually the whole memory of the pc, according to my computer, serves to disk C: , which means that it
    has occupied everything. I would like to have my both disks (C: and DMove installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10 :) running. I've also found out that the USB I had burned to the windows 10 image is lebeled with a D: letter when pluged into the computer. Probably something with the disk partitioning
    went wrong, I don't know, please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10 :)

RangooX2, Aug 5, 2018
  3. SmokeyA Win User
    Partitioned disk Disk space -Windows 10 install

No you'll need more space free on your C: drive

I suggest uninstalling any programs you have on C: and re-installing them to D:

and any larger files video's etc, it would be worth moving to D:

following that perform a disk clean on C and include system files.

this should help free up as much space as possible.

SmokeyA, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10

1. Move installed programs from disk C: to Disk D: in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Move installed programs

2. windows transfer from disk D: to C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows transfer from disk D: to C:: I noticed that I have windows on disk C and Dwhen I tried to boot windows from C it didn't work, my guess is that I run windows on disk Dhow can I transfer windows from D to C without data loss or any other problems...
  3. windows transfer from disk D: to C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows transfer from disk D: to C:: I noticed that I have windows on disk C and Dwhen I tried to boot windows from C it didn't work, my guess is that I run windows on disk Dhow can I transfer windows from D to C without data loss or any other problems...
  4. windows transfer from disk D: to C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Want to combine disk C and D

Want to combine disk C and D: I have a solid state drive and there is C and D drive on Disk 1. D is unallocated but when try to Expand Volume of C, the Extend Volume prompt is greyed out. I did what all the instructions stated. I deleted D and it became unallocated, but now it won't combine! I need help,...
  6. Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk: Hello. I downloaded the "Hallo, The Major Collection" game pack from the Windows store.My problem is that the 116GB have installed on my SSD disk c : and I don't have much space left since.I want to move everything to my external SSD and thus free up space.I did not find a...
  7. Transferring files from Local disk C to D

Transferring files from Local disk C to D: i wanted to transfer some of my files from local disk C to D so because my local disk C is filling up, plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-files-from-local-disk-c-to-d/32dea249-81c0-4c05-bed3-ba059521e709
  8. move some files from disk C to disk D/E

move some files from disk C to disk D/E: Hello, i want to ask what should i do to move some files from disk C to disk D/E because my disk C is almost full. And what kind of file that i can move? Thank you very much...
  9. C: Disk and D: Disk

C: Disk and D: Disk: I recently got a new computer running on Windows 10 which is awesome but there is something I wanna change and I don't know how. So, my problem is the download and save paths with the quick access folders. Downloads was set on default to save to the C: Drive, so I went into...
  10. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?: I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another and will my PC work properly if I do this?...