Windows 10: "move" is greyed out for Netflix app

Discus and support "move" is greyed out for Netflix app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm asking this again. I see a thread from over a year ago with the same question but the windows 10 user said the solutions offered didn't work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter___K, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Peter___K Win User

"move" is greyed out for Netflix app

I'm asking this again. I see a thread from over a year ago with the same question but the windows 10 user said the solutions offered didn't work and the thread was locked. Is this what passes for help these days? No answer and just lock the thread?

So I'm asking it again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the Microsoft store, but every time I go to settings-add remove programs to move it, the "move" button is greyed out.

Is there some other way to get it moved? I have my settings set to load new apps as well as movies and tv shows to my D: drive instead of C: drive, but the netflix app always goes to C: and the movies and tv shows I download through it always go to C: as well.

I used to use windows 7, which was such a solid OS. Windows 10 has been nothing but a nightmare for me. I've had to reinstall the OS multiple times because it would constantly break my software with every update, I spent countless hours with tech support, and every time I try to look up some "solution" to my problem, it never applies like this issue because things don't work the way they're explained in the articles for example, move for the netflix app is available in the article, but not when I go there I have other laptop software that I gave up on using because I didn't want to have to reinstall windows again just get it working again.

Someone please give me a solution from an advanced windows tech who can GUARANTEE getting the app moved and saving to my other drive. If you're just a tech support guy who's reading from their script, don't even bother. If that's all you're doing, you can just give me the documents you're reading from and I can look it up myself.

:)

Peter___K, Jun 30, 2020

2. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification)

***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is greyed out***

Bronty Buutveld, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

Hi Bronty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. In order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. What is the build version of Window 10 is running on your system? Please refer

Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

2. Did you download and install the Netflix app from the Microsoft store?
    3. Are you able to move any other apps apart from the default applications?

Note: You would not be able to move default apps that came preinstalled with Windows 10 to a different drive.

We recommend you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Troubleshoot Netflix app.

If Netflix was downloaded and installed from the Microsoft store, we would suggest you to follow the article on

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 2: Uninstall using PowerShell command and re-install.

1. Search for Windows PowerShell in search bar.
    2. Right click on the same in the list and choose
      Run as administrator
    3. Then copy paste Get-appxpackage *Netflix* | Remove-appxpackage and press
      Enter.
    4. Then try installing from
      Microsoft Store
      and then try moving the app.

If the issue persists, please open Disk Management by searching for it in search bar and provide us the screenshot of the same by referring to

How to include a screenshot in your post

Note: Please do not capture any kind of personal identifiable information in the screen shot. Please refer
    Microsoft Community Code of Conduct for more information.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jun 30, 2020
  4. "move" is greyed out for Netflix app

Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

"move" is greyed out for Netflix app

1. "move" is greyed out for Netflix app - Similar Threads - move greyed Netflix

2. Delault apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delault apps greyed out: Hello. I recently installed windows 11 back onto my laptop. The odd thing is when I go to select default apps, it's greyed out. Any idea why? thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delault-apps-greyed-out/5fb9ebc0-8f19-420e-b8b9-590ddb7d1d06
  3. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  4. Background Apps Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Apps Greyed Out: Whenever I click outside of a window, the screen is greyed out so only the window I am currently in is clearly visible. It makes it super hard to use the multitasking function and even after speaking with Microsoft customer service for over an hour I still haven't figured out...
  5. apps greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  6. apps greyed out

apps greyed out: my apps are greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-greyed-out/1b1ec990-efc0-481f-a127-5495654f3c4b
  7. problem in moving a app named as Netflix

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    problem in moving a app named as Netflix: I have trouble in having moving Netflix app which i installed from windows web store serval time. As i wanted to move from main drive to other drive which has more space than main drive . But due to some bug or problem i cannot do that . Yes Still some app have option have to...
  8. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...
  9. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...
  10. The "move" button in apps and features is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The "move" button in apps and features is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification)...