Windows 10: Move items i delete in inbox to deleted folder

Discus and support Move items i delete in inbox to deleted folder in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have just noted while deleting items in the Inbox that sometimes I am asked whether to delete permanently, mostly I am not. In the past items I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sigurd, May 3, 2019.

1. Sigurd Win User

Move items i delete in inbox to deleted folder

I have just noted while deleting items in the Inbox that sometimes I am asked whether to delete permanently, mostly I am not. In the past items I deleted went into the Deleted folder so in the event of deleting something in error, I could retrieve it.
    Today I accidentally deleted an email and it did not go into the Deleted folder - it has just been permanently deleted.
    What has changed?
    On a related issue, having lost this email I tried Folder - Recover Deleted Items but this option is greyed out.
    Are these Outlook improvements!!*sarc

:)

Sigurd, May 3, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Move items i delete in inbox to deleted folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Move items i delete in inbox to deleted folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 3, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

Move items i delete in inbox to deleted folder [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

Move items i delete in inbox to deleted folder [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 3, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Move items i delete in inbox to deleted folder - Similar Threads - Move items delete

2. I cant delete emails in my inbox

in Browsers and Email
    I cant delete emails in my inbox: I'm using windows 10 and I cant delete emails in my inbox? Any suggestions 134301
  3. I cant delete emails in my inbox

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant delete emails in my inbox: I'm using windows 10 and I cant delete emails in my inbox? Any suggestions 134301
  4. Deleting unwanted items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....
  5. How do I delete or move parent folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete or move parent folder?: So, today I was cleaning up my laptop and I tried moving the 3D Objects folder into the Downloads folder through properties. Instead of becoming a child folder like I had hoped, it is now synced with the Downloads folder. I have tried moving it back to be named 3D Objects...
  6. Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder: I am using IMAP , ISP is Comcast. What's the difference between Trash and Deleted Items folders? The 'Deleted Items " folder has always been empty . All deleted emails go to the "Trash" folder. Can I remove the 'Deleted Items" folder in Outlook 2013 since its never...
  7. Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found": This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month. I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive. It has a long name: "Palomino Blackwing Leather Pencil Roll" It's now empty. I want to remove it from my hard drive....
  8. Cannot delete, move, rename folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete, move, rename folder: Hello, I am having issues with a folder which I would like to delete. However, whenever I try to do that I am told I need admin access in order to do so. Problem is, I am the admin and if I go to Properties and in the Security tab, I am not allowed to do any changes and...
  9. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...
  10. Can i Delete this Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i Delete this Folders?: Can i Delete Folder $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS on C: Drive? 9888