Windows 10: Move libraries to another drive.

Discus and support Move libraries to another drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd like to see if I can move the libraries off the C drive to my D drive.... Music, pics, vids, etc. I don't want just folders, I still want the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/8bitfoxxm2, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Move libraries to another drive.

I'd like to see if I can move the libraries off the C drive to my D drive.... Music, pics, vids, etc. I don't want just folders, I still want the libraries, but not on the C drive as I think it's stupid to take up the valuable space there.

submitted by /u/8bitfoxxm2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/8bitfoxxm2, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Move libraries to another drive.

Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Move libraries to another drive.

1. Move libraries to another drive. - Similar Threads - Move libraries another

2. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  3. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  4. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  6. Moving app to another drive

Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  7. Moving Folders to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  8. Moved Desktop to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved Desktop to Another Drive: I was trying to free up space on my 250GB 'C' drive and stupidly moved my Desktop folder from C-->User-->(my computer name) to my F drive (a second internal hard drive) by clicking on Properties and using the 'Location' option. But I started encountering problems - no...
  9. Move OneDrive to another drive?

Move OneDrive to another drive?: I have bought a pc with a 64GB eMMC drive but have OneDrive set up to keep files (mostly photos) locally as well as on the Cloud, which uses a lot of disk space. Can I just move the OneDrive folder to an installed 128GB SD card?...
  10. Will moving libraries to another drive cause software issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will moving libraries to another drive cause software issues?: Windows contains an option to move the locations of libraries (Documents, Music, Videos, Downloads, etc) to another drive or partition. However, some of the folders already have files put there automatically by programs I have installed. For example, here is a picture of my...