Windows 10: Move licence to a new laptop

Discus and support Move licence to a new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My old laptop has died and I want to know if the licence that was installed on the dead laptop is transferable to a new laptop. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kosonomic, May 13, 2020.

1. Kosonomic Win User

Move licence to a new laptop

Hi,

My old laptop has died and I want to know if the licence that was installed on the dead laptop is transferable to a new laptop.

Is there a way to find out through my Microsoft account?

This is what I see in my MS account:

Move licence to a new laptop acf93f8f-50ab-4d0e-9983-66771eba8ebe?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kosonomic, May 13, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 13, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, May 13, 2020
  4. Move licence to a new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 digital licence to another computer

Hi,

I have retail Windows 10 Pro digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account. I want to transfer that licence to new laptop. What are the steps? Do I need to deactivate licence (and how) at first laptop and then install windows to other laptop and link
    somehow that licence to that laptop?

Thanks in advance

JovicaPantic, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Move licence to a new laptop

1. Move licence to a new laptop - Similar Threads - Move licence laptop

2. Move W10/11 licence from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move W10/11 licence from old laptop to new laptop: HiI bought my old laptop with W10 home pre installed, I then bought a W10/11 upgrade through MS store, I received a confirmation email but there was no digital licence attached to email see screen shots below.Now I have bought a new laptop & would like to use the W10/11 pro...
  3. Move W10/11 licence from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move W10/11 licence from old laptop to new laptop: HiI bought my old laptop with W10 home pre installed, I then bought a W10/11 upgrade through MS store, I received a confirmation email but there was no digital licence attached to email see screen shots below.Now I have bought a new laptop & would like to use the W10/11 pro...
  4. New licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New licence: How do I install a new Windows 10 did and key when I just have a black screen and no apparent operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-licence/a93ba684-ad21-46c7-852e-da6bc57eb286
  5. Move Windows 10 Pro licence to new computer

Move Windows 10 Pro licence to new computer: I have window10 pro installed in my SSD M2 disk. I ave purchades new motherboard and CPU, and I wllle like to move my Windows SSD M2 to the new computer and activate my windows 10 pr licence there. Question 1. Can I move my SSD M2 with windows and all programs and reactivate...
  6. MOVING MY LAPTOP TO MY SON WITH LICENCE

MOVING MY LAPTOP TO MY SON WITH LICENCE: I have three windows 10 licences in my e-mail. The laptops are being used by my son and daughter. I want to move the licences to their e-mail ids. Is there any way for that. thanks...
  7. Help moving my Windows 10 Pro licence to my new laptop (and reverting my old laptop back to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help moving my Windows 10 Pro licence to my new laptop (and reverting my old laptop back to...: Hi all. I had an old laptop that came with W10Home and I had purchased a retail key to upgrade it to W10Pro. I now have a new laptop, and I want to move the Pro licence to the new laptop while reverting to Home on the old laptop. Since the old laptop came with W10H, I don't...
  8. How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine

How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine: My HTPC fan broke the other day. Machine overheated. Unable to fix so need to buy a new PC. The HTPC had Win10 pro installed via upgrade from Win8 some years ago. Is it possible to transfer licence to new PC? Thx...
  9. Moving a digital licence

Moving a digital licence: Hello! I recently had to change out my motherboard on my computer and ended up having to reinstall windows as it kept giving me the blue screen of death. I have a digital license for windows that I can see on my account for my computer (I was told i should ensure I have...
  10. Move my Windows 10 licence to my new PC

Move my Windows 10 licence to my new PC: I recently purchased a Windows 10 Home licence and activated it on my office PC. However my PC has since run into hardware problems and needs replacing. How do I move my Windows 10 licence onto my new PC? Do I have to deactivate it on the old PC first? How do I go about...