Windows 10: Move MapData Folder

Discus and support Move MapData Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I move the folder containing Map Data downloaded to another drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Oct 20, 2021.

1. Move MapData Folder

How do I move the folder containing Map Data downloaded to another drive?

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Oct 20, 2021

2. MapData Folder

Can anybody tell me what is the MapData folder which has recently appeared on my D drive? (This is the drive containing all my user folders with the exception of Pictures.)
    It contains subfolders diskcache, mapscache and files overrides.json, updater.nma

PeterAstle, Oct 20, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    MapData Folder

I suspect this may have something to do with the offline storage of Map data. Refer to your system settings:

Move MapData Folder [​IMG]

philc43, Oct 20, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Move MapData Folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Move MapData Folder

1. Move MapData Folder - Similar Threads - Move MapData Folder

2. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Folder: I had moved folders such as those of 'One Drive', 'Google Drive' and '.pst files folder of MS outlook', to another drive without any issues so far.Now I want to move the data folder, including downloads, of 'WhatsApp' desktop to another drive.I always use WhatsApp desktop...
  3. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Folder: I had moved folders such as those of 'One Drive', 'Google Drive' and '.pst files folder of MS outlook', to another drive without any issues so far.Now I want to move the data folder, including downloads, of 'WhatsApp' desktop to another drive.I always use WhatsApp desktop...
  4. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. moving folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving folders: This is no doubt an easy, perhaps even stupid, question. I want to move a very large folder pictures from the small C drive on my computer to the D drive, which is much larger. With windows 10 and previous iterations of windows, this was easy; there was an option on the...
  6. moving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving folders: This is no doubt an easy, perhaps even stupid, question. I want to move a very large folder pictures from the small C drive on my computer to the D drive, which is much larger. With windows 10 and previous iterations of windows, this was easy; there was an option on the...
  7. Move MapData Folder

Move MapData Folder: How do I move the folder containing Map Data downloaded to another drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mapdata-folder/0a5e6598-1cda-4f2e-ae5a-fec7422ad6c1
  8. Move MapData Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move MapData Folder: How do I move the folder containing Map Data downloaded to another drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mapdata-folder/0a5e6598-1cda-4f2e-ae5a-fec7422ad6c1
  9. Folder move

Folder move: Hi, I was moving a large folder to a different location on the same drive at work but had to leave for the weekend before it finished. I paused the operation and left my computer on but locked, thinking I would just resume it on monday. What would happen if someone turned the...
  10. MapData Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    MapData Folder: Can anybody tell me what is the MapData folder which has recently appeared on my D drive? (This is the drive containing all my user folders with the exception of Pictures.) It contains subfolders diskcache, mapscache and files overrides.json, updater.nma 42434