Windows 10: Move messages from one mail account to another in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Move messages from one mail account to another in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know this has been asked before, but the threads are all old. Is it now possible to move an email message from one account in the Windows Mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JinsengIT, Feb 25, 2021.

1. JinsengIT Win User

Move messages from one mail account to another in Windows 10 Mail app

I know this has been asked before, but the threads are all old. Is it now possible to move an email message from one account in the Windows Mail app to another account? One of our end users is receiving personal and work email at his work address. He wants to move the personal messages into his personal account and then reply from there. He's also working on telling senders to use his new personal address.

Thanks.

:)

JinsengIT, Feb 25, 2021
  2. raygo1975 Win User

Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

The Windows Mail App (The e-mail client that comes with Windows 10) is where I had all my e-mail accounts setup so I just had one place to check them. All of the e-mail accounts that I had added to the client are now gone. When I open the app instead of seeing a list of my e-mail accounts I see the app as it was when I first started to use it.

Move messages from one mail account to another in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

My e-mail accounts should be listed in the left hand column under Accounts.

raygo1975, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Move messages from one mail account to another in Windows 10 Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 25, 2021
  4. stevehero Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Move messages from one mail account to another in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Move messages mail

2. Mail and Calendar app 'Move to' missing one of linked accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calendar app 'Move to' missing one of linked accounts: Using Mail and Calendar app in Windows 11. Accessing two accounts, Yahoo! and Gmail, in a Linked Inbox. If I try to move a thread from this inbox into a subfolder using the 'Move to' function, only the Gmail subfolders appear as options, so I'm unable to move to a Yahoo!...
  3. Mail and Calendar app 'Move to' missing one of linked accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail and Calendar app 'Move to' missing one of linked accounts: Using Mail and Calendar app in Windows 11. Accessing two accounts, Yahoo! and Gmail, in a Linked Inbox. If I try to move a thread from this inbox into a subfolder using the 'Move to' function, only the Gmail subfolders appear as options, so I'm unable to move to a Yahoo!...
  4. Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.

Removing Mail Accounts from Mail App.: I can't remove these mail accounts from mail app, why is it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-mail-accounts-from-mail-app/92bb7781-493e-4e6e-8833-c186eb26b296
  5. Moving messages in Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Moving messages in Windows Mail: Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on message I get context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' this appears above it - 'Move this item to another folder' - but when I try to access this option it disappears. The same happens with all options on the...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App Unable to move messages

Windows 10 Mail App Unable to move messages: Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on a message I get a context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' the following appears above it - 'Move this item to another folder' - but when I try to access this option it disappears. The same happens with all...
  7. Fix Account Message in Mail App

Fix Account Message in Mail App: I use Windows 10 with Version 1909 on a PC Suddenly, a couple of days ago, when I opened Mail, I got a notification that my settings were out of date. I clicked Fix Account. The screen showed the address of one of my two email accounts and asked for the password. I...
  8. Mail App is using the name for one account for another account.

Mail App is using the name for one account for another account.: Hi, I have two Gmail Accounts connected to the Windows 10 Mail App. Let's call them A and B. I've had A connected to the app for a few years, but connected B a year or so ago, but I don't often send emails from that one. Today, I needed to send an email from B, so I sent...
  9. moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail: I had a motherboard die on my Windows 7 machine but luckily the hard drive survived. So I can't open windows live mail and export. I have the complete windows 7 live mail eml files on the hard drive that I've saved for later use and need them on my windows 10 machine in...
  10. Windows 10 Mails app reply or forward from another account

Windows 10 Mails app reply or forward from another account: I have5 email's accounts configured with imap. 2 gmails , one hotmail and 2 gsuits. I linked them all for a unified view. sometime i receive a message in one account (account gmail for example) and need to reply or forward this specific email from a different mail (from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy emails between accounts windows mail