Windows 10: Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode

Discus and support Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have dual monitors. Let's say I'm playing a game in full-screen on monitor 1. Is there a keyboard shortcut that let's me instantly move the mouse to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrSpoon1, Jan 13, 2020.

1. MrSpoon1 Win User

Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode

I have dual monitors. Let's say I'm playing a game in full-screen on monitor 1. Is there a keyboard shortcut that let's me instantly move the mouse to monitor 2, without closing/minimising the game running in full-screen on monitor 1?

Or "unlock" the mouse so that dragging it off the edge of monitor 1 lets it move to monitor 2, even though monitor 1 is in full-screen mode?

At the moment, I Alt-Tab out of the full-screen app. But that causes some games to crash. And means it gets minimised, etc.

I can see lots of questions around moving windows between screens, but nothing about a way of letting the mouse freely roam between screens when in a full-screen app.

:)

MrSpoon1, Jan 13, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Yaamon Win User

Mouse pointer disappears in Windows 10 Pro...

I have been able to make some progress at this. My monitor, a NEC PA271W, is connected via DisplayPort. I have had issues with this monitor and DisplayPort in the past. I found on NEC's website a firmware update, so I updated to the latest firmware.
    The firmware updates improve DisplayPort communication, but it did not solve this problem.

Anyway, I have been able to get some specifics on the problem. It look like the mouse pointer disappears if you:

• Turn off the monitor
    • Wait until the monitor is put to sleep by Windows (10 minutes in my case)
    • Turn on the monitor when in sleep mode
    • Wake up the monitor in Windows with a mouse or keyboard. No mouse pointer appears.
    The solution is to turn on and off the monitor. The mouse pointer reappears.

So, if the monitor is turned on when Windows does not think the monitor is asleep, the monitor cycles on and the mouse point appears.

This looks like some sort of possible Windows bug.

Yaamon, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Move mouse pointer to 2nd monitor when in full-screen mode - Similar Threads - Move mouse pointer

2. Mouse pointer wont move to 2nd screen when its at the top Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer wont move to 2nd screen when its at the top Windows 11: Hi guysI'm having a problem with moving my cursor to the 2nd screen. It doesn't move across to the second screen when I am at the TOP of the screen. It works anywhere else. The same applies when moving back from my second screen to my primary 1st screen. I'm using the same...
  3. Mouse pointer wont move to 2nd screen when its at the top Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer wont move to 2nd screen when its at the top Windows 11: Hi guysI'm having a problem with moving my cursor to the 2nd screen. It doesn't move across to the second screen when I am at the TOP of the screen. It works anywhere else. The same applies when moving back from my second screen to my primary 1st screen. I'm using the same...
  4. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  5. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  6. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Even in Full Screen Program, Mouse Wheel Scrolls 2nd Monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even in Full Screen Program, Mouse Wheel Scrolls 2nd Monitor.: I just upgraded to Windows 10. I play Subnautica on my left monitor, full screened. If I move the mouse to the right for a while, the Windows mouse cursor is actually in my 2nd (right) monitor but I can't see it. If I move the mouse wheel up and down it still acts as it...
  8. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  9. Moving Mouse Pointer

Moving Mouse Pointer: I would like to move my mouse pointer to the top-center part of my primary display (of 3). Is there something that I can use to do that? There are various software packages that allow moving the mouse pointer to specific coordinates on the screen. But, what of when those are...
  10. Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen

Mouse pointer randomly moves on the screen: My mouse pad is making the mouse hard to hold steady. Or it randomly shoots in any direction. Also my touch screen is not working anymore? ***Modified title Original: Mouse pad, touchscreen***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse wont go to other monitor