Windows 10: move my documents to a new computer

Discus and support move my documents to a new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to i move my documents from my old windows 10 computer to my new windows 10 computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkKrystyniak, Feb 14, 2019.

1. move my documents to a new computer

how to i move my documents from my old windows 10 computer to my new windows 10 computer

:)

MarkKrystyniak, Feb 14, 2019

2. Document created in Office 2010 word cannot be copied from USB flash drive to new computer with same software

Hi ximenapacull,

Restriction is one of the possible reasons why you cannot copy Word documents to your new computer. However, for us to fully identify the root cause, I need to gather additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Is this happening to a specific file?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried using a different flash drive? If so, did you experience the same issue?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest downloading the USB troubleshooter in this
    link
    and then run it on the computer. Once done, check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 14, 2019
  4. move my documents to a new computer

new document in microsoft office

I had a problem with my computer. I fixed it and now I can see all my old documents, but I can't make a new document. Any suggestions?

AnneGambrel, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

move my documents to a new computer

1. move my documents to a new computer - Similar Threads - move documents computer

2. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  3. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  4. moving to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving to a new computer: My current desktop is on life support, if I buy a new desktop can I just pull the root drive from my dying machine , put it in the new one and expect everything including all the APPS to work ?...
  5. Move to a new Computer

Move to a new Computer: What have people found to be the best way to transfer programs, files, data from one (operating) computer to a new one? Both are running Windows 10. Both will have OneDrive and Office 365....
  6. Move my hard drive to a new computer

Move my hard drive to a new computer: Hi My old Samsung laptop has a smashed screen, so I have bought myself a second hand HP laptop. Both laptops have Windows 10 but when I tried to take the hard drive from the Samsung and put it in the HP, I received an error. How can I use my Samsung hard drive and put it...
  7. Moving Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Documents: I am trying to relocate my Documents folder to an external drive. To do this I have been going to Documents>Properties>Location and then choosing a folder on the external drive as the desired location for my Documents folder. I get the typical, "Microsoft recommends moving...
  8. Moving my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  9. Cannot move Documents folder to new location

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move Documents folder to new location: Short version: I'm getting an error message when I attempt to move my Documents folder to a new location (same volume):The folder can't be moved here...The filename or extension is too long (see attachment). Longer version: I want to move my Documents, Videos, and Pictures...
  10. moving document to a new program

in Windows 10 Support
    moving document to a new program: I have windows 10. I just installed a new vinyl software program. When someone sends me a e-mail with a clip art attachment and I save it to "documents" or "Pictures" all is good. But when I open the vinyl program and go to insert this attachment it doesn't show up. Outside...