Windows 10: Move OEM windows 10 to an SSD

Discus and support Move OEM windows 10 to an SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i recently bought a dell desktop with win 10 on it but I want to upgrade to an SSD how can I do this without having to re buy windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NikhilNargundkar, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Move OEM windows 10 to an SSD

Hi i recently bought a dell desktop with win 10 on it but I want to upgrade to an SSD how can I do this without having to re buy windows?

:)

NikhilNargundkar, Nov 13, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Move OEM windows 10 to an SSD

Windows OEM Licensed - SSD Upgrade

Hi guys,

wanna ask, I just bought new laptop with Installed OEM Windows 10 SL inside,

Then I wanna replace my HDD into SSD *upgrade.

So can the OEM licensed used again in the new SSD ? or What should I do to transfer the OEM licensed from the HDD into new SSD, is it possible ? Thanks

Albi Putra, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Move OEM windows 10 to an SSD

1. Move OEM windows 10 to an SSD - Similar Threads - Move OEM SSD

2. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  3. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  4. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Install Windows 10 OEM on new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Install Windows 10 OEM on new SSD: Hello, So I'm going to upgrade my laptop's HDD to an SSD. I would like to install Windows 10 on the new SSD but keep the HDD as an external hard drive. Can I just do a clean install of Windows 10 on the SDD and use the OEM license without having it previously unistalled on...
  6. Moving SSD with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving SSD with windows 10: I currently have a PC with an SSD with windows 10 installed on it. I want to move that SSD to new PC that has Windows 10 key already tied to it and use it as a boot drive. Will the Windows activation automatically switch over? Or would I need to wipe that SSD and reinstall...
  7. Moving OEM license key for SSD replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving OEM license key for SSD replacement: Hi all, I have an old Dell XPS laptop with what appears to be an OEM Windows 10 key that came bound to the laptop. The laptop itself has a smaller SSD, and I've recently acquired a larger SSD that I'd like to replace the old one with. If possible, I'd like to use a system...
  8. Move windows 10 to another ssd.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move windows 10 to another ssd.: Hello, so I have two ssd on my computer and I want to move windows 10 to a bigger partition on the other SSD, so I can make space for my ubuntu, but I don't want other partitions with my data(pictures, videos, and documents) to get deleted and/or damaged. and other partitions...
  9. Moving Windows 10 to SSD

Moving Windows 10 to SSD: How to move Windows 10 from HD to SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-to-ssd/bf51ab19-f0f8-410b-be1b-57b76cb32fad
  10. Move Windows 10 to SSD

Move Windows 10 to SSD: The C: drive on my computer is a HDD running Windows 10 Pro. I'm planning to install a SSD and make it my C: drive. Can I transfer my system to the SSD by doing a system image on my HHD and restoring the image to the SSD? Does anyone fresee any problems that I might have so I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use oem widnows 10 key ssd upgrade