Windows 10: Move office 10 to new SSD **the win 10 install was an upgrade from a win 7 pro system****

Discus and support Move office 10 to new SSD **the win 10 install was an upgrade from a win 7 pro system**** in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My hdd is not booting and I do not want to go through the pain of trying to FIX it if I don't have to, since I have 99% of my files and things backed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tam J, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Tam J Win User

Move office 10 to new SSD **the win 10 install was an upgrade from a win 7 pro system****

My hdd is not booting and I do not want to go through the pain of trying to FIX it if I don't have to, since I have 99% of my files and things backed up and I wanted to go to an SSD anyway. Question is, I had upgraded my windows 7 pro to windows 10 about 6 months ago and I want to know if I can use my recovery disk to install the OS on the SSD?

:)

Tam J, Feb 13, 2020

2. SSD Crashed - Upgraded from win 7 Pro to win 8 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

Hello. So my SSD crashed recently. My question is regarding installing win 10 again. The problem is that my current OS is upgraded several times.

I initially bought Win 7 many years ago. And Bought the upgrade to win 8.0 when it was released. When the free upgrade to win 10 was announced I took advantage of that as well.

So now I am scratching my head thinking how do I i reinstall win 10 now that the free upgrade period is passed.

Is buying a new copy of win 10 Pro the only option?

sten erikguttormsen, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro

I want to upgrade a Win 7 pro system to Win 10 pro. I want to do an upgrade and NOT a clean install.

My question: Can I use the commercial version (available from computer stores) of win 10 to upgrade the win 7 system and use the license key that I assume comes with the package? In other words will I have a choice to do either an upgrade or a clean install?

If the answer is NO then if I use the "media create tool" to create and ISO bootable disk and use that to upgrade the system where/how do I obtain a license key?

Howard

HowardSlomer, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Move office 10 to new SSD **the win 10 install was an upgrade from a win 7 pro system****

Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro system.

I bought a Win 10 Pro package from Newegg.com, to upgrade my Win 7 Pro system to Win 10 Pro. On the package, after "If you open this package:". item 1. states "The software is intended for preinstallation on the hard drive of the fully assembled computer
    system, using the OEM pre-installation tools." Item 2. states "You are responsible for providing end-user support."

I interpret this to mean it is not an upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro version, and will not have MS support and updates available. True or false?

If true, what do I need to upgrade my system to Win 10 pro?

TIA ... viking

Aggrevated In AZ, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Move office 10 to new SSD **the win 10 install was an upgrade from a win 7 pro system****

1. Move office 10 to new SSD **the win 10 install was an upgrade from a win 7 pro system**** - Similar Threads - Move office SSD

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  4. win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7: What is going on with these latest win 10 updates? First it was my laptop, now its my desktop. It seems that win 10 is making older systems experience various problems. Drivers are getting code 12; because they need updating for win 10. Because of this I have had to go back...
  5. Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro

Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro: I want to upgrade a Win 7 pro system to Win 10 pro. I want to do an upgrade and NOT a clean install. My question: Can I use the commercial version (available from computer stores) of win 10 to upgrade the win 7 system and use the license key that I assume comes with...
  6. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence: My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also...
  7. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence: My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also...
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  9. Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd

Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd: Used Minitool to copy old ssd entirely to new ssd. Missing boot manager and bcd files. Copied from old to new. No joy? 18432
  10. Best to Upgrade Win 7 or a new installation of Win 10 Pro?

Best to Upgrade Win 7 or a new installation of Win 10 Pro?: I did pass on the free upgrade to Win 10 last year or so. But now feel it might be best to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. At this point in time I would like to do 3 computers. And 2 others after the first of the year. Each has Win 7 Pro (64 bit). Also after reading a lot of...