Windows 10: Move Onedrive Files to PC

Discus and support Move Onedrive Files to PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to empty out my Onedrive without having it delete files from my PC. Onedrive will not allow me to Move the files to the PC; the Move command is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HealthScoop, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Move Onedrive Files to PC

I want to empty out my Onedrive without having it delete files from my PC. Onedrive will not allow me to Move the files to the PC; the Move command is grayed out. And I don't want to delete the files and folders in Onedrive which are old versions of what is already on my PC because if I do that, the miserable program will delete them from my PC! Any thoughts on how I can safely empty Onedrive and then never use it again? I've backed up all my files to a flash drives so don't need Onedrive.

:)

HealthScoop, Nov 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 27, 2022
  4. John Vil Win User

Move Onedrive Files to PC

OneDrive Issues- This PC Documents disappeared but still remains on OneDrive

Hi,

If your files are still showing in OneDrive, you may still get them back in the This PC folder by configuring the settings of OneDrive. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the OneDrive (blue/whitecloud) icon located in your taskbar.
    • Click Settings.
    • On the Account tab, select Choose folders.
    • At this point, you will have the option to choose which file you would like to sync and appear in the This PC folder. Select which files you want and click
      OK.

Let us know the results.

John Vil, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Move Onedrive Files to PC

1. Move Onedrive Files to PC - Similar Threads - Move Onedrive Files

2. Move Onedrive Files to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Onedrive Files to PC: I want to empty out my Onedrive without having it delete files from my PC. Onedrive will not allow me to Move the files to the PC; the Move command is grayed out. And I don't want to delete the files and folders in Onedrive which are old versions of what is already on my PC...
  3. Move Onedrive Files to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Onedrive Files to PC: I want to empty out my Onedrive without having it delete files from my PC. Onedrive will not allow me to Move the files to the PC; the Move command is grayed out. And I don't want to delete the files and folders in Onedrive which are old versions of what is already on my PC...
  4. OneDrive is always moving files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is always moving files!: Why cant I control what One Drive is constantly sending back and forth in download or uploads. I try to pause, I "stop" it, and done everything but force remove the application. As soon as I boot my desktop it starts syncing I suppose. I can never get access to my files...
  5. Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC: Version: Windows 20H2 (19042.746) Hi people, I've been following tutorials online about changing the files listed on the This PC view with registry editor I've removed quick access and network for example, and the system libraries. I do uni work on the OneDrive, but I...
  6. Document files moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document files moved to OneDrive: My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2 I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move...
  7. Moving desktop files to onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving desktop files to onedrive: I moved an entire file folder from desktop to OneDrive, and now I can't find it. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-desktop-files-to-onedrive/466b9a61-09fe-40b8-b923-4367ff16e2cb
  8. Moving files from OneDrive to PC Drive

Moving files from OneDrive to PC Drive: i need to move my many photos from OneDrive Windows 10 to my PC drive to free up cloud space, as I've exceeded my limit. I don't want to lose my photos when i delete them from cloud....
  9. Moving OneDrive Files

Moving OneDrive Files: I have several games that continually backup themselves on to my OneDrive despite my attempts to move and delete them. I don't want them on my OneDrive because they take up so much space, how do I keep them from saving themselves onto my OneDrive?...
  10. Onedrive moving files.

Onedrive moving files.: Onedrive has moved my documents, desktop and pictures from my PC to Onedrive. I prefer not doing this. Is there a way to change the option where I can use Onedrive as a back-up only and keep my files on my PC?...