Windows 10: Move OneDrive From C: to D: Before Setup

Discus and support Move OneDrive From C: to D: Before Setup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day everyone, Is there a way to move the OneDrive folders (C:\OneDriveTemp & C:\Users\[username]\OneDrive) from my SSD C drive to my SATA D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DuaneG, Sep 12, 2019.

1. DuaneG Win User

Move OneDrive From C: to D: Before Setup

Good day everyone,

Is there a way to move the OneDrive folders (C:\OneDriveTemp & C:\Users\[username]\OneDrive) from my SSD C drive to my SATA D drive before I set up and start using the service?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Best regards,

Duane

:)

DuaneG, Sep 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - move OneDrive from C (SSD) to D (HDD)

During setup of Dell G7 with a 256 SSD (OS/CMove OneDrive From C: to D: Before Setup :) and a 1TB HD (Data/DMove OneDrive From C: to D: Before Setup :), my OneDrive folder ended up on the 256 SSD (OS/CMove OneDrive From C: to D: Before Setup :).

That drive filled up and I had to stop transferring files from my old PC.

So, I moved all the OneDrive files to a folder on my 1TB HD (Data/DMove OneDrive From C: to D: Before Setup :).

How do I map MS OneDrive to this new file location so I am synching properly?

FearingSword, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Move OneDrive From C: to D: Before Setup - Similar Threads - Move OneDrive Before

2. Moving folders from onedrive to c:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving folders from onedrive to c:/: Just recd new laptop with Win11. Do not like way MS has structured to dop my files under onedrive. Do not want Onedrive backup or files hidden deeply in file structure. I prefer files to be under c directory for easy access. Have been relocating to this drive. DOCUMENTS...
  3. Moving folders from onedrive to c:/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving folders from onedrive to c:/: Just recd new laptop with Win11. Do not like way MS has structured to dop my files under onedrive. Do not want Onedrive backup or files hidden deeply in file structure. I prefer files to be under c directory for easy access. Have been relocating to this drive. DOCUMENTS...
  4. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  5. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  6. How to move Edge from C to D?

in Browsers and Email
    How to move Edge from C to D?: I have Win 10 Pro 21H1 I have a small SSD, running out of space. I wanted to uninstall Edge, and re-install on the D partition. Control Panel only allows "Change" In Start > Settings > Apps the Uninstall button is greyed out. Please advise. Thanks. 184047
  7. moving windows from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows from C: to D:: Is this safe and possible cause I have a ssd that is almost full and i want to move the whole windows folder to data which I think is hdd but I don't know how or if it is safe to do so without any damage done....
  8. Move OneDrive folder from C to D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move OneDrive folder from C to D: New Dell PC with HD C512GB and D2TB and can't figure how to move OneDrive to D HD as default place to keep all files/pictures, etc. will not let me change location. thanks...
  9. Move data from C drive to D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move data from C drive to D: How to move a c drive that is full to the D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-data-from-c-drive-to-d/0df7a77f-dcac-4ec1-9d53-148f0565176e
  10. moving thunderbird data from C to D

in Browsers and Email
    moving thunderbird data from C to D: I want to move all Thunderbird data and settings from C to D (easier back-up). I followed the instructions from Mozilla (moving a profile). I am able to: find the profiles folder, moving the profiles folder, creating a new profile with thunderbird.exe -p, changing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move onedrive from c to d drive

2. moving OneDrive from C: to D: