Windows 10: Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC

Discus and support Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version: Windows 20H2 (19042.746) Hi people, I've been following tutorials online about changing the files listed on the This PC view with registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alexis2k, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alexis2k Win User

Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC

Version: Windows 20H2 (19042.746)
    Hi people,

I've been following tutorials online about changing the files listed on the This PC view with registry editor
    I've removed quick access and network for example, and the system libraries.

I do uni work on the OneDrive, but I always miss it at the top, so I effectively want to swap it with the position of This PC or put it below This PC on the panel list.

I think I just need to know the location of a different section such as network and change the value of that to hold OneDrive, but I'm not sure.

Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC [​IMG]

:)

Alexis2k, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Items listed under This PC are from OneDrive

Hi,

Sometimes, when the OneDrive app is setup on the computer, it changes the location of the local folders in the File Explorer. You can always change the location of the Document folder listed under the This PC. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Document folder under the This PC.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Default button.
    • Click OK.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jan 20, 2021
  3. OneDrive crashes File Explorer

I had same experience. None of these suggestions worked, but if I tell OneDrive to 'Unlink this PC' then all the problems with File Explorer go away. Conclusion, the problem is OneDrive and the solution is for MS to fix OneDrive. I look forward to using
    it again when they do.

stevenerlich, Jan 20, 2021
  4. JN_1967 Win User

OneDrive Sidebar in File Explorer not working - OneDrive not showing in Registry

My File Explorer OneDrive sidebar shortcut does not work. It does not point to the location of my OneDrive folders (or any location) and if I click on it nothing happens. The
    same goes for "Open Folder" if I click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar.

Also, in my registry, there is no key called
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive

This can't be normal.

Any suggestions/help? Thanks in advance!

JN_1967, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Move Onedrive location in file explorer to below This PC - Similar Threads - Move Onedrive location

2. How to move Onedrive to the File Explorer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Onedrive to the File Explorer on Windows 11: Hello.Can not move OneDrive to the File Explorer on my new laptop with Windows 11 as it was in my previous Dell with Widows 10 where Documents file and OneDrive file were both in File Explorer.Tutorials suggest in One Drive go to Setting and operate from that but in my...
  3. How to move Onedrive to the File Explorer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Onedrive to the File Explorer on Windows 11: Hello.Can not move OneDrive to the File Explorer on my new laptop with Windows 11 as it was in my previous Dell with Widows 10 where Documents file and OneDrive file were both in File Explorer.Tutorials suggest in One Drive go to Setting and operate from that but in my...
  4. Move Onedrive Files to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Onedrive Files to PC: I want to empty out my Onedrive without having it delete files from my PC. Onedrive will not allow me to Move the files to the PC; the Move command is grayed out. And I don't want to delete the files and folders in Onedrive which are old versions of what is already on my PC...
  5. Move Onedrive Files to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Onedrive Files to PC: I want to empty out my Onedrive without having it delete files from my PC. Onedrive will not allow me to Move the files to the PC; the Move command is grayed out. And I don't want to delete the files and folders in Onedrive which are old versions of what is already on my PC...
  6. Move Onedrive Files to PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Onedrive Problem after moving location

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive Problem after moving location: I was following this guide Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 but musty have done something wrong. I successfully moven my OneDrive local folder from C:\Users\\OneDrive - <Company Name> to D:\Users\\OneDrive - <Company Name> however I was also syncing folders...
  8. Onedrive didn't move my files to the new hdd location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive didn't move my files to the new hdd location: I just got a new HDD to pair with my Optane memory. Since I have the space I wanted to free up space on my main NVME and move all my OneDrive files to the new drive. I unlinked my account and copied the folder to the new location. Re-linked my account to Onedrive, setting...
  9. Unable to move location of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move location of OneDrive: Dear Sir - I have previously asked this question but not received any assistance. On starting my computer, OneDrive failed to find the folders on my sceondary hard drive. I have removed everything from the computer and tried to reinstall OneDrive but it will not allow me to...
  10. Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving files from other internal Drives to Onedrive location.: Hi, I have an SSD (Drive C:) with limited storage so I moved my Onedrive folder into another storage drive (Drive F:), is there a way I can now move folders from another Internal Dive (Drive D:) to the Onedrive location? Thanks Jim 131948