Windows 10: Move OneDrive to another drive?

Discus and support Move OneDrive to another drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have bought a pc with a 64GB eMMC drive but have OneDrive set up to keep files (mostly photos) locally as well as on the Cloud, which uses a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RogerCordrey, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Move OneDrive to another drive?

I have bought a pc with a 64GB eMMC drive but have OneDrive set up to keep files (mostly photos) locally as well as on the Cloud, which uses a lot of disk space. Can I just move the OneDrive folder to an installed 128GB SD card?

:)

RogerCordrey, Sep 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 22, 2018
  3. little cat, Sep 22, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

Move OneDrive to another drive?

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Move OneDrive to another drive?

1. Move OneDrive to another drive? - Similar Threads - Move OneDrive another

2. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  3. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  4. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  6. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  7. Moving Folders to Another Drive

Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  8. Move libraries to another drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move libraries to another drive.: I'd like to see if I can move the libraries off the C drive to my D drive.... Music, pics, vids, etc. I don't want just folders, I still want the libraries, but not on the C drive as I think it's stupid to take up the valuable space there. submitted by /u/8bitfoxxm2...
  9. Moved Desktop to Another Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved Desktop to Another Drive: I was trying to free up space on my 250GB 'C' drive and stupidly moved my Desktop folder from C-->User-->(my computer name) to my F drive (a second internal hard drive) by clicking on Properties and using the 'Location' option. But I started encountering problems - no...
  10. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move onedrive to another hard drive

2. move 1 drive to another drive

3. moving onedrive to another drive