Windows 10: Move only certain program files to HDD?

Discus and support Move only certain program files to HDD? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently got a new PC with both an HDD and SSD. I installed Windows on the SSD, because that was one of the purposes I got an SSD. Then when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spacey_boi, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Move only certain program files to HDD?

I've recently got a new PC with both an HDD and SSD. I installed Windows on the SSD, because that was one of the purposes I got an SSD. Then when I installed some programs, they installed their files to the Program Files/Program Files (x86) folder in the SSD. I only have 120 GB of space in my SSD. I have certain programs that I want to be on the SSD, and some that I want on the HDD instead. How could I only move the program files of certain programs (such as photoshop etc) to the HDD without moving the entire Program Files folder?

submitted by /u/spacey_boi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spacey_boi, Jun 14, 2020
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 14, 2020
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

Move only certain program files to HDD?

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

Thema:

Move only certain program files to HDD?

1. Move only certain program files to HDD? - Similar Threads - Move certain program

2. Display thumbnails only for certain files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display thumbnails only for certain files: The company I work for just issued me a new laptop. The old laptop was running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 17763. The new laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 19043. On the old laptop, all files were displayed as icons, on both the desktop and in the File Explorer,...
  3. Display thumbnails only for certain files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display thumbnails only for certain files: The company I work for just issued me a new laptop. The old laptop was running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 17763. The new laptop is running Windows 10 Enterprise, Build 19043. On the old laptop, all files were displayed as icons, on both the desktop and in the File Explorer,...
  4. Display thumbnails only for certain files

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Moving files from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files from SSD to HDD: I want to transfer all the files execpt the ones required to boot up Windows from my SSD to the HDD to keep my SSD free as it is a low capacity one. I have tried many methods posted online but couldn't do anything about it and I need the steps to be explained in such a way...
  6. Internet only with certain programs?

Internet only with certain programs?: I have the problem that I only have access to the internet in different applications on the pc internet like Grand Theft Auto V or skype, discord and Minecraft and everything else I can't access the internet like Rainbow six victories or my browser! Can someone help me?...
  7. Is there a way to only associate specific files with a certain program without making all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to only associate specific files with a certain program without making all...: I want to make it so that only some ISOs open with Dolphin so I can launch them through steam, but it makes so that EVERY ISO is opened through Dolphin submitted by /u/YourVeryOwnCat [link] [comments]...
  8. Download speeds capped only in certain programs

Download speeds capped only in certain programs: I have 15MB/sec download speed, but I never actually seen it go that high until I downloaded some games from the Microsoft Store. When I'm using a torrent program, Steam/etc, or downloading within my internet browsers (all with no bandwidth restrictions in the options),...
  9. How to move program file on ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move program file on ssd to hdd: Can anyone please explain in detail if it is possible to make my program files running in OS on SSD to HDD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-move-program-file-on-ssd-to-hdd/1737445e-72ba-4252-9261-1bf3109791b4
  10. icon not displaying, but only for certain files...

in Windows 10 Support
    icon not displaying, but only for certain files...: I doubt that anyone will be able to help me, but thought I'd ask anyway... My problem involves the music notation software Finale, version 2012. When using Windows Explorer, the standard Finale icon displays for .bak files (backup copies) but not for the proper notation...