Windows 10: Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD

Discus and support Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone. I recently bought an M.2 SSD to use alongside my older HDD. My plan was to have the games I play the most and Windows on the M.2 and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pistasjnotter, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD

Hey everyone. I recently bought an M.2 SSD to use alongside my older HDD. My plan was to have the games I play the most and Windows on the M.2 and all the other stuff on the HDD. I have already moved some games to the M.2. But I'm not sure how to only move Windows without also moving the rest of my data. I have tried looking for some tutorials, but I haven't really seen anything helpfull and am hoping to get som help here. So in short, I want to only move Windows from an HDD to an M.2 SSD. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Pistasjnotter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pistasjnotter, Sep 19, 2020
  2. ColMac75 Win User

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on
    it brings up support assist and then eventually tells me that there is no drive to boot from. Ive been looking online and I can't find what I did wrong.

ColMac75, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Installing Windows on m.2 ssd keeping old hdd

Hi

I purchased a new m.2 ssd .I want to install windows 10 on it.But i also want to keep my old hdd for storage (which currently has win 10) .How can I format the old and install win 10 on new ssd?

Also link the necessary resources and links please.My dell laptop is almost new and i dont want to mess it up.

Thank you.

MihirLonkar, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD

A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD

Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do think that is my problem, but I couldn't find a way to remedy it. Sorry for the screenshot being in Hungarian, if you need I can translate it. And don't mind the 500 MB partition, I tried to do a fix from a similar thread which suggested creating it, but later steps didn't prove successful.

giorgioblues, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD

1. Move only Windows from HDD to M.2 SSD - Similar Threads - Move HDD SSD

2. How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.: Hi community,I currently have my Windows 11 Home OS Dell digital license installed on my single M.2 NVMe SSD slot 256GB 2242 BC711_NVMe_SK_hynix.I am now running out of room to install other applications and so I purchased a new Crucial 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD fully compatible...
  3. How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to migrate OS from M.2 SSD to larger M.2 SSD - but only have one M.2 SSD slot.: Hi community,I currently have my Windows 11 Home OS Dell digital license installed on my single M.2 NVMe SSD slot 256GB 2242 BC711_NVMe_SK_hynix.I am now running out of room to install other applications and so I purchased a new Crucial 2TB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD fully compatible...
  4. Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD: Recently I bought m.2 SSD and want to install in my laptop. I don't know the exact procedure of it. I want to make m.2 SSD a system drive or drive c without losing any data. How can i shift windows 10 operating system from HDD to m.2 SSD safely with all files?...
  5. Is M.2 ssd for laptop only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is M.2 ssd for laptop only: 1.Whether M.2 ssd is only for laptop or it is for PC also. 2. whether Intel i3 7th generation processor supports M.2 ssd. 3. If it is for PC also and If PC does not have slot for M.2 ssd then what is the cheapest way to use M.2 ssd in a PC which does not have slot. 167972
  6. moved my M.2 ssd...

moved my M.2 ssd...: Hey guys! I was reading on reddit, that you should have your ssd as close to your cpu as possible on your motherboard, so there's less delay from the two talking to one another... and after I did, the ssd won't boot windows anymore, and sends me on the infinite loop of auto...
  7. Windows 10 hdd to m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hdd to m.2 ssd: Hi guys, I’m just wondering if I can or how hard / easy it is to move windows 10 from a hard drive to an m.2 ssd. Thanks in advance for any help :) submitted by /u/oscarfowes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhz2r2/windows_10_hdd_to_m2_ssd/
  8. Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2?

Moving Win10 from SSD to M.2?: So I'm finally moving my OS from my old SSD (like 2015) to a clean M.2. The M.2 is empty and already partitioned and nothing of real value is on the old SSD. What is the easiest way of moving the OS? Media creation tool or just doing a clean install of windows? For the clean...
  9. Windows from SSD to M.2

Windows from SSD to M.2: I got a m.2 Corsair MP510 480GB fore Christmas and i want to transfer the windows os from the ssd to the m.2... Some tips on yt tutorials or programs?? submitted by /u/Fiffty_five [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewqm64/windows_from_ssd_to_m2/
  10. Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD: I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on it brings up support...