Windows 10: Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut from my Favorites Folder, I get "These files might be...

Discus and support Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut from my Favorites Folder, I get "These files might be... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 home. Still at 1803 update. If I Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut or a folder of them from my Favorites Folder, I get a warning... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by abredt, Jun 6, 2019.

1. abredt Win User

Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut from my Favorites Folder, I get "These files might be...

Running Windows 10 home. Still at 1803 update.

If I Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut or a folder of them from my Favorites Folder, I get a warning box:

"These files might be harmful to your computer."

I just wanted to make a copy of it to another folder.

Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Jun 6, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut from my Favorites Folder, I get "These files might be...

IE Favorites

Hi Julie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I'll be glad to assist you.

We would like to get a little more information from you to help troubleshoot your issue.
    Please answer the following questions as best you can.

• What is the version of Windows you are using?
    • How did you transfer the favorites on to the Internet explorer?
    I would suggest you to follow the below step to import or export favorites in Internet explorer 8.

• In Internet Explorer, click Favorites, click the down-arrow next to
      Add to Favorites, and then click Import and Export.
    • Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
    • Click to select the Favorites check box, and then click
      Next.
    • Select the Favorites folder that you want to export. If you want to export all Favorites, select the top level Favorites folder. Otherwise, select the individual folder that you want to export.
    • Click Next.

Note By default, Internet Explorer creates a Bookmark.htm file in your Documents folder. If you want to use a name other than Bookmark.htm, or if you want to store the exported Favorites in a folder other than the Documents folder, specify
      the new file and folder name.
    • Click Next.

Note If you already have a file that has the same name, Internet Explorer asks you to replace it. Click
      Yes to replace the file. Click No to provide a new file name.
    • Click Export.
    • Click Finish.
    How to import and export the Internet Explorer Favorites folder

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211089

Error message when you open an Internet shortcut file on a computer that has Internet Explorer 7 installed: "Problem with Shortcut The target '' of this Internet Shortcut is not valid"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936881

Hope this information is helpful.

Let us know if this worked.

All the best!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut from my Favorites Folder, I get "These files might be...

1. Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut from my Favorites Folder, I get "These files might be... - Similar Threads - Move Copy Internet

2. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  3. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]: Hi everyone,The o/s is W10 Pro with two account, the "main" one has always been admin standard and has never caused problems.The "secondary" is "user" and the one causing problems: I can no longer copy/move files in folder or from folder to folder. The desktop screen flashes...
  4. No longer copy/move files from folder to folder [long]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items: I am trying to move some folders and files from the source to the destination folder on the same drive.First, I tried dragging-n-dropping, but I found that while the folders and files were copied to the destination folder, they were still in the source folder. Next, I tried...
  6. Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files and folders from source to destination just copy and not move the items: I am trying to move some folders and files from the source to the destination folder on the same drive.First, I tried dragging-n-dropping, but I found that while the folders and files were copied to the destination folder, they were still in the source folder. Next, I tried...
  7. How so I choose my favorite folders for "Copy to" and "Copy items"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How so I choose my favorite folders for "Copy to" and "Copy items"?: Would like to choose which folders are displayed in the menu. Anyone knows how this can be done? Check attachments for the menu I'm referring to. 178981
  8. Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.: The subject says it. Windows will no longer let me drag & move or copy to a shortcut. Is there a fix? [img] 156902
  9. Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved

in Windows 10 News
    Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved: [ATTACH] Yet another bug has been discovered in Windows 10 v1809 which results in a false sense of files copied or moved from a ZIP or archive files. The issue is specific when there are files with the same name in [...] This post Files copied from ZIP file might not have...
  10. Edge - Favorites Bar - How to move shortcuts?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Favorites Bar - How to move shortcuts?: I imported 25 items from IE 11 for my Favorites Bar. 17 is the max number that appears on the horizontal display of the Favorites Bar and 8 appear on the drop down portion below the 'V'. I found that I can drag and move ONLY the ones on the horizontal line to rearrange them,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move internet shortcut to favorites

2. how to move a shortcut from favorites bar

3. copy shortcuts from Favorites folder