Windows 10: Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive

Discus and support Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi A few years ago I built a gaming computer with a 128GB SSD boot drive and I would now like to replace this with a larger drive. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mary-RoseDaigle, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive

Hi

A few years ago I built a gaming computer with a 128GB SSD boot drive and I would now like to replace this with a larger drive. Is there a simple way to move the OS (64 bit) from the old boot drive to the new one or am I going to have to buy a new key?

:)

Mary-RoseDaigle, Nov 10, 2019

2. Transfer or clone OS from one SSD to larger new SSD

I currently have windows 10 home on my computer and i want to clone the boot drive SSD (250 Gb) to a new larger 500Gb SSD and have that as my. Boot drive. Which migration software works best with windows 10, free or otherwise. They are Samsung SSD's so
    i was just going to try their migration software that comes with the new SSD. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

PeterDureska, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Replace boot and storage SSD with larger SSD: Move OS and programs/files to new Drive

Hello,

I have one SSD that contains my Windows 10 installation as well as some common apps/games. I recently purchased a larger SSD that I would like to use instead and the old SSD will be wiped clean and put into a different PC. What is the best way to move all
    of my apps, files and OS to the new drive without losing any data or having to reinstall any programs?

ThatGirlSlays, Nov 10, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive

New computer - how to move OS to new (larger) drive?

Since it is a new computer, your current SSD will contain the OS, Drivers, Manufacturer specific apps, Recovery Partition . . . etc. your best option is to clone that drive onto the new SSD

Remove your 1 TB HDD and replace it with your new 1TB SSD

Then use 3rd party software like the free version of AOMAI Partition Assistant to clone existing SSD onto new SSD

Download AOMEI Partition Assistant

https://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-m...

Step by step to cloning your SSD:

https://www.disk-partition.com/help/clone-hard-...

DaveM121, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive

1. Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive - Similar Threads - Move SSD larger

2. looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one: hey everyone i recently just got a new ssd which is much better then my old ssd i was wondering how i move my windows os to the new drive i had a look online and there all talking about many third party software im not sure how to use anyone could help that would be great my...
  3. looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    looking to move my OS from a old ssd to a new one: hey everyone i recently just got a new ssd which is much better then my old ssd i was wondering how i move my windows os to the new drive i had a look online and there all talking about many third party software im not sure how to use anyone could help that would be great my...
  4. Moving files and setting from an old SSD with no OS to a new one that does have an OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files and setting from an old SSD with no OS to a new one that does have an OS: I had an issue the other week with my original SSD in my XPS15 9560 that caused to OS to corrupt and become unusable. I didn't want to re-image that hard drive and lose all my files in the process so I decided to upgrade to a new SSD with more storage. I though I would able...
  5. Moving files and setting from an old SSD with no OS to a new one that does have an OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files and setting from an old SSD with no OS to a new one that does have an OS: I had an issue the other week with my original SSD in my XPS15 9560 that caused to OS to corrupt and become unusable. I didn't want to re-image that hard drive and lose all my files in the process so I decided to upgrade to a new SSD with more storage. I though I would able...
  6. Move Desktop from HDD to new SSD boot drive.

Move Desktop from HDD to new SSD boot drive.: I have an older gaming PC to which I added a 240GB SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10 20H2. The old, now secondary, HDD is a 1TB drive that served as my OS drive previously. Is there a way to move my old "Desktop" to the new SSD so that when I launch Windows I will see...
  7. Moving OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  8. Trying to clone a drive(OS) from one SSD to another larger SSD but I messed up and tried to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to clone a drive(OS) from one SSD to another larger SSD but I messed up and tried to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/45Hz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fil4tx/trying_to_clone_a_driveos_from_one_ssd_to_another/
  9. Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD: I have purchased a larger SSD to replace the existing one that I am using for my OS. I have downloaded a couple of different kinds of software to handle this but I have some issues. For one which is called "Minitool Partition Wizard Free 11.6" there is an option to Migrate...
  10. Replace boot and storage SSD with larger SSD: Move OS and programs/files to new Drive

Replace boot and storage SSD with larger SSD: Move OS and programs/files to new Drive: Hello, I have one SSD that contains my Windows 10 installation as well as some common apps/games. I recently purchased a larger SSD that I would like to use instead and the old SSD will be wiped clean and put into a different PC. What is the best way to move all of my apps,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Upgrade boot drive with larger SSD

2. moving ssd os drive to larger ssd drive