Windows 10: Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive

Discus and support Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi A few years ago I built a gaming computer with a 128GB SSD boot drive and I would now like to replace this with a larger drive. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mary-RoseDaigle, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive

Hi

A few years ago I built a gaming computer with a 128GB SSD boot drive and I would now like to replace this with a larger drive. Is there a simple way to move the OS (64 bit) from the old boot drive to the new one or am I going to have to buy a new key?

:)

Mary-RoseDaigle, Nov 10, 2019

2. Transfer or clone OS from one SSD to larger new SSD

I currently have windows 10 home on my computer and i want to clone the boot drive SSD (250 Gb) to a new larger 500Gb SSD and have that as my. Boot drive. Which migration software works best with windows 10, free or otherwise. They are Samsung SSD's so
    i was just going to try their migration software that comes with the new SSD. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

PeterDureska, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Replace boot and storage SSD with larger SSD: Move OS and programs/files to new Drive

Hello,

I have one SSD that contains my Windows 10 installation as well as some common apps/games. I recently purchased a larger SSD that I would like to use instead and the old SSD will be wiped clean and put into a different PC. What is the best way to move all
    of my apps, files and OS to the new drive without losing any data or having to reinstall any programs?

ThatGirlSlays, Nov 10, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive

New computer - how to move OS to new (larger) drive?

Since it is a new computer, your current SSD will contain the OS, Drivers, Manufacturer specific apps, Recovery Partition . . . etc. your best option is to clone that drive onto the new SSD

Remove your 1 TB HDD and replace it with your new 1TB SSD

Then use 3rd party software like the free version of AOMAI Partition Assistant to clone existing SSD onto new SSD

Download AOMEI Partition Assistant

https://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-m...

Step by step to cloning your SSD:

https://www.disk-partition.com/help/clone-hard-...

DaveM121, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive

1. Move OS from one SSD to a new (larger)) boot drive - Similar Threads - Move SSD larger

2. Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD: I have purchased a larger SSD to replace the existing one that I am using for my OS. I have downloaded a couple of different kinds of software to handle this but I have some issues. For one which is called "Minitool Partition Wizard Free 11.6" there is an option to Migrate...
  3. Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?

Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?: Could I possibly get some help on how best I can upgrade my existing SSD. I have a 256 GB SSD which I would like to upgrade to a 480 GB SSD. I already have the new SSD and want to upgrade it tommorow. How best I can transfer/migrate my OS (Windows 10 Insider Preview) from the...
  4. Moving Boot from HDD to new SSD in Win 10

Moving Boot from HDD to new SSD in Win 10: My old computer went "bad" (I suspect that Windows updates became increasingly incompatible with my seven year-old hardware), so I decided to upgrade my motherboard, CPU and add a new SSD NVMe drive. I would like to boot from my SSD and run Adobe Photoshop 6.0 on it, but all...
  5. New SSD, Question regarding moving programs and OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New SSD, Question regarding moving programs and OS: I purchased a Samsung SSD 500gb and I am trying to make it where my OS and all of my programs boot from the SSD, and all of my standard files are saved on my regular hard drive. The problem is, I currently have two hard drives installed due to a computer change (I pulled the...
  6. Switching the OS from one boot drive to the next

Switching the OS from one boot drive to the next: I have two SSD's one an NVME M.2 and I want to switch the OS from my old one to my new one(NVME). Freeing up all the space in the old drive to put files on I need fast access to....
  7. Replace boot and storage SSD with larger SSD: Move OS and programs/files to new Drive

Replace boot and storage SSD with larger SSD: Move OS and programs/files to new Drive: Hello, I have one SSD that contains my Windows 10 installation as well as some common apps/games. I recently purchased a larger SSD that I would like to use instead and the old SSD will be wiped clean and put into a different PC. What is the best way to move all of my apps,...
  8. move windows os from ssd to hdd

move windows os from ssd to hdd: How to move windows os from ssd to hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-os-from-ssd-to-hdd/bb3498ed-d913-4da0-b429-c86bfcd6ad21
  9. moving win 10 os to larger HdD

in Windows 10 Support
    moving win 10 os to larger HdD: Can I do a disk image of my 250Gb C drive with the windows 10 Pro OS & install on a larger 2 Tb HdD? Would it be legal? This is a refurbed Dell 9010 desktop. 113188
  10. New OS SSD Drive

New OS SSD Drive: I'm confused with what, if I anything, that I need to do in order to activate Windows 10 once I replace/upgrade my OS SSD. I originally was able to take advantage of the free Windows 7 to 10 upgrade. What do I need to do with regard to activation once I re-install windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Upgrade boot drive with larger SSD

2. moving ssd os drive to larger ssd drive