Windows 10: move preview pane to upper position

Discus and support move preview pane to upper position in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been using Win 8 for a while and was frustrated that the "filmstrip" view option was gone. I used WinXP since it came out till this past summer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alwcurlz, Dec 28, 2015.

1. alwcurlz Win User

move preview pane to upper position

I've been using Win 8 for a while and was frustrated that the "filmstrip" view option was gone. I used WinXP since it came out till this past summer. If that tells you how ingrained I was and am. Win 10 is great over Win 8 or 7 but, that filmstrip isn't there. Most people with cameras take landscape type pictures, some portrait. I think the majority take them in landscape. Well, in Win 8 and 10, you "can" get a preview of images with the preview pane option BUT, it's stuck to the right side of the window. Now, 99% of my pictures are landscape so, viewing an image on the right hand side is restricting and does not allow one to view a landscape image fully. It's annoying as all get out. Is there a way to move the images preview pane to the upper position and the thumbnails to the bottom? Just like the filmstrip in Win XP?

move preview pane to upper position [​IMG]

:)

alwcurlz, Dec 28, 2015
  2. JPinches Win User

windows media player rich preview handler displays in wrong Place (And in Task bar) after April update

I may have found the solution pending the test of time.

What first led me to investigate this issue of the Rich Media Player Preview displaying in the upper left of the screen was an empty tray icon for it after playing a video and nothing else. There was no preview in upper screen. This was because I leave Explorer
    open with a very small window and the Preview Pane enabled. As soon as I enlarged the size of Explorer's window, the Rich Media Preview for the selected file reappeared in the upper left outside of Explorer.

Next, I disabled the Preview Pane in Explorer and closed Explorer. Then reopened Explorer and enabled the preview pane which resulted in the Rich Preview rendering correctly for the selected video in the Preview Pane and not outside of Explorer in upper left
    of screen. The task bar icon for Rich Media Player Preview no longer appears either. Now time will tell if this remains fixed.

JPinches, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Area71 Win User
    File Explorer Windows 10 - How to Remove Field

Thanks TeeZedd, here it is years later and we have no answer. Typical Microsoft?

OK, poked around screen ... upper left corner there is a switch / slider for 'Preview Pane". Touch it to turn off (or turn on) the Preview Pane. That got rid of the space waster for me!

Area71, Dec 28, 2015
Thema:

move preview pane to upper position

1. move preview pane to upper position - Similar Threads - move preview pane

2. Not seeing previews in preview pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not seeing previews in preview pane: The preview pane is still not working after I have followed the instructions. The pane shows "Select a file to preview." but when I click on a file, it is still blank.Is being linked to Dropbox possibly creating the problem of still not seeing the previews?...
  3. Not seeing previews in preview pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not seeing previews in preview pane: The preview pane is still not working after I have followed the instructions. The pane shows "Select a file to preview." but when I click on a file, it is still blank.Is being linked to Dropbox possibly creating the problem of still not seeing the previews?...
  4. Not seeing previews in preview pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: No matter what I choose, the preview pane does not show pictures of the document I have selected. It only says "No preview available" in the preview box. Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/aeb62ac5-d06a-4d4f-8f37-b50320e89cd0
  6. Explorer Preview Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer Preview Pane: I work in the architecture community and need the ability to preview pdf's with the preview pane. Worked fine in the past, but now I can't zoom to see the whole sheet in the preview pane. No matter what I do, this is the fixed level of zoom. See image. [ATTACH]...
  7. Preview pane

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preview pane: Another issue is the preview pane on the file explorer. After the update is no longer working. I really don't know what else to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/8a221a08-c589-478d-b12b-d6610a30458e
  8. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: Using Windows explorer plus Preview pane is causing files to be locked\read only. Is there a fix for this yet? apart from disabling PP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/9b6d0ce9-e586-4c31-a667-249e00efaf31"
  9. Preview Pane

Preview Pane: Every time I click on a video file the preview pane continues to display the picture of the first file selected. How do I fix this? Thanks for your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane/941ab2da-c3c7-4d1a-a6e7-af795f391919"
  10. preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    preview pane: I can't see .PDFs in Preview pane any more. I can see Word,text and others. 112001

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move preview pane from right to left windows 10