Windows 10: Move Quick Access folders down to where Dropbox etc is?

Discus and support Move Quick Access folders down to where Dropbox etc is? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I move folders currently located in the Quick Access section down to where Dropbox, My computer, Onedrive and Network folders are? [img] 150626 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoggorm, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Move Quick Access folders down to where Dropbox etc is?

Can I move folders currently located in the Quick Access section down to where Dropbox, My computer, Onedrive and Network folders are?

Move Quick Access folders down to where Dropbox etc is? [​IMG]

:)

Hoggorm, Feb 16, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 16, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Move Quick Access folders down to where Dropbox etc is?

How to add Dropbox --> Quick Access?

I have the same problem. It's not exactly that we want to add the DROPBOX folder to the QUICK ACCESS menu, we want to add a DROPBOX folder to FILE EXPLORER - anywhere!! At the moment I can only access dropbox through the dropbox application - which makes
    it difficult to save files, or copy from file explorer to dropbox.

Does that make sense? Thank you!

JamieH_777, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Move Quick Access folders down to where Dropbox etc is?

1. Move Quick Access folders down to where Dropbox etc is? - Similar Threads - Move Quick Access

2. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  3. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  4. does pinning a folder in Quick Access physically move the folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does pinning a folder in Quick Access physically move the folder?: Windows 10 Using the context menu "pin to Quick Access" to pin a folder, apparently moved the folder and its contents to the Quick Access area of Windows Explorer. The folder was no longer displayed in its original location within Windows Explorer. Is it possible to only...
  5. Quick Access folder

Quick Access folder: My Quick Saver folder is displaying all my files on the startup screen. How do I get my screensaver I chose back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder/4a800131-3fc0-4aaf-8d3b-6a388311ddc0"
  6. Moving quick access library folders (music, pictures, etc.) to hard drive from ssd?

Moving quick access library folders (music, pictures, etc.) to hard drive from ssd?: I got a new windows 10 laptop (last laptop was windows 8). This new laptop has a solid state drive and a hard drive on it. I want to have the library folders location on my hard drive since it is much larger than my ssd. The library folders are currently directed under...
  7. Add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (where Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and etc....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (where Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and etc....: How to add a folder to File Explorer's sidebar (where Quick access, OneDrive, This PC, and etc. are placed)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/add-a-folder-to-file-explorers-sidebar-where-quick/d7f1d0c0-eaea-4929-939c-22308e80a70f
  8. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  9. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939