Windows 10: Move settings back to start button.

Discus and support Move settings back to start button. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At some point in time in an update, settings was moved from the Start location. How can I move it back to the Start location? Or move it to any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Move settings back to start button.

At some point in time in an update, settings was moved from the Start location. How can I move it back to the Start location? Or move it to any location I choose.

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, Dec 31, 2022

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Dec 31, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 31, 2022
  4. Ghot Win User

Move settings back to start button.

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Move settings back to start button. [​IMG]

Move settings back to start button. [​IMG]

Thema:

Move settings back to start button.

1. Move settings back to start button. - Similar Threads - Move settings start

2. Move settings back to start button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move settings back to start button.: At some point in time in an update, settings was moved from the Start location. How can I move it back to the Start location? Or move it to any location I choose....
  3. Move settings back to start button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move settings back to start button.: At some point in time in an update, settings was moved from the Start location. How can I move it back to the Start location? Or move it to any location I choose....
  4. Move settings back to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move settings back to start: I think this happened on a update.In the start section, I would get power, file explorer, and Settings.My settings has been moved elsewhere or deleted the button-but not the actual settings.So how does one put it back on the start?Sometimes I cannot think of the name settings...
  5. Move settings back to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move settings back to start: I think this happened on a update.In the start section, I would get power, file explorer, and Settings.My settings has been moved elsewhere or deleted the button-but not the actual settings.So how does one put it back on the start?Sometimes I cannot think of the name settings...
  6. Move settings back to start

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive

Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive: Been having problems since the 2nd July 2021 after a "security intelligence update KB2267602 v. 1.343.233.0". The system calculator wouldn't open, nor would volume control from the system tray. When I shut down that night, I was prompted to update and shut down. The next day...
  8. Moving the start button back to where it was before Microsoft moved it.

Moving the start button back to where it was before Microsoft moved it.: How can I move the start button back from the top left to the bottom left of the contents list on the left of my screen? Thanks. I am not very conversant with techno jargon as I am 77 so please could anyone kind enough to answer use very easy to understand language!...
  9. Is it Possible to Move the Start Button to the Middle of the taskbak?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Possible to Move the Start Button to the Middle of the taskbak?: Is it possible to move the start button to NOT be in the corner? I'd prefer if it was in the middle of the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/is-it-possible-to-move-the-start-button-to-the/9ca17905-f2cc-4df0-a9c3-327adc2083d5
  10. Move back button in tablet mode

Move back button in tablet mode: Oi! I'm desperately looking for a way to move the back button on the taskbar in tablet mode to the left of the windows button. I can't do it, no matter how hard I try. Any ideas of how this can be done? Here's a paintjob of what I mean (don't mind the missing task button)...