Windows 10: move shortcut to taskbar

Discus and support move shortcut to taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have generated a shortcut to open an MS Access form without any background, i.e minimised. When I try to move it to the taskbar it only allows it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Freddie Nurk, Dec 10, 2021.

1. move shortcut to taskbar

I have generated a shortcut to open an MS Access form without any background, i.e minimised. When I try to move it to the taskbar it only allows it to be attached to MS Access.Is there any way to pin this shortcut to my taskbar? I like to run with the desktop icons off so it is a bit inconvenient to not have this shortcut readily available.

:)

Freddie Nurk, Dec 10, 2021

2. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 10, 2021
  3. JTArnott Win User
    How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

This answer is troubling. Yes, after opening the calculator, I could right-click the icon in the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar. BUT, why was I unable to simply drag the shortcut from the desktop? This answer says I "should be able to drag and drop",
    but I wasn't. What's the root cause of THAT failure?

JTArnott, Dec 10, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

move shortcut to taskbar

Taskbar screen saver shortcut

Hello Ozzie,

Normally, it will only allow you to create a shortcut on your desktop but not in your Taskbar. To assist you with your concern, you can follow these steps to circumvent it:

• Send the screensaver shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click on the screensaver shortcut and click-on properties.
    • Paste the following information in the Target option under Shortcut C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr"
    • Hit Apply.
    • Hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

move shortcut to taskbar

1. move shortcut to taskbar - Similar Threads - move shortcut taskbar

2. Taskbar moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar moved: I have always been used to having the taskbar on the top. Since windows 11. you cannot simply move it. the last couple of times I moved it I went to regedit here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3 & changed the settings value to a...
  3. Move Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Taskbar: Hello Everyone!!!I have always had the taskbar on the top of the display, after win upate KB5017383 OS Build 22000.1042 and KB5017389 OS Build 22621.608 is impossible to move it, I have tried the regedit and cmd way too but nothingSomeone knows if there is another way?thx...
  4. move taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move taskbar: Will microsoft restore ability to move taskbar to a side or top of screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar/74eeeba0-33b3-4b45-9128-90cb6c45ec24
  5. move taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move taskbar: Will microsoft restore ability to move taskbar to a side or top of screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-taskbar/74eeeba0-33b3-4b45-9128-90cb6c45ec24
  6. move shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move shortcut to taskbar: I have generated a shortcut to open an MS Access form without any background, i.e minimised. When I try to move it to the taskbar it only allows it to be attached to MS Access.Is there any way to pin this shortcut to my taskbar? I like to run with the desktop icons off so it...
  7. move shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    move shortcut to taskbar: I have generated a shortcut to open an MS Access form without any background, i.e minimised. When I try to move it to the taskbar it only allows it to be attached to MS Access.Is there any way to pin this shortcut to my taskbar? I like to run with the desktop icons off so it...
  8. Taskbar is moved

Taskbar is moved: Some reason, my taskbar is a pixel up and right. It's really annoying me is there a fix? I tried restarting my laptop and running the system troubleshooter and no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-moved/8bd95677-f932-46cc-95da-83caf2d0db8e
  9. Taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar shortcuts: Hey so I'm trying to pin the download folder to the taskbar, and everytime I do, it pins inside the list of the File explorer, I know I could separately pin them individually side by side in the taskbar but now I can't for some reason, any help is appreciated submitted by...
  10. Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar

Moving desktop shortcut to taskbar: I have regularly pinned desktop shortcut icons to my taskbar simply by dragging them there. Currently I have one otherwise ordinary desktop icon which refuses to even offer me the option of being pinned. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?...