Windows 10: Move SSD to same make modle computer

Discus and support Move SSD to same make modle computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought an older Thinkpad X220. It has Windows 10 Pro on it and is activated but not tied to an Microsoft account. Could this SSD be moved to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stevehendo34, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Move SSD to same make modle computer

I bought an older Thinkpad X220. It has Windows 10 Pro on it and is activated but not tied to an Microsoft account. Could this SSD be moved to an identical Thinkpad X200 or would it not work if it was OEM licences back in the day its key was Windows 7, before it was upgraded to 10.

:)

stevehendo34, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile Move SSD to same make modle computer :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Building my first computer

The price list was from newegg.ca

I changed my cooler, thanks.

I think I am going to stick with the SSD(good reviews,cheaper) and Powersource (in the bundle deal or I would probably get the one you suggested)

limitless10, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Move SSD to same make modle computer

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Hi Matthew,

There are several possible reasons as to why your computer is not detecting an SSD drive. This could be caused by incorrect BIOS settings or device drivers that need to be updated. Since you already tried the suggestion of Andre Da Costa and this allowed
    your computer to detect the SSD already, we would like to further clarify your concern by asking the questions below:

• If you were already able to install Windows on the SSD, have you already attempted to change the boot order in the BIOS menu?
    • Which version of Windows did you install on the SSD?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Move SSD to same make modle computer

1. Move SSD to same make modle computer - Similar Threads - Move SSD same

2. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  3. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.: To explain what I'm trying to do I need to explain why I'm doing it:On my PC I have a work user and a personal user, the work user is solely used for work I work from home and the personal user is everything else like gaming, messaging etc.I switch between these users quite...
  4. Separate users on separate SSD's on the same computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...: Hi,Example...water fried my 2 months old machine. I went back to the store and bought the EXACT SAME COMPUTER model sku# config...everything again :-I don't have an old fashioned HDD. I assume that I can just remove my original 1TB SSD, plug it into the new machine and it...
  6. New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer Broke - Can I move SSD to an EXACT SAME MACHINE Exact same model and config...: Hi,Example...water fried my 2 months old machine. I went back to the store and bought the EXACT SAME COMPUTER model sku# config...everything again :-I don't have an old fashioned HDD. I assume that I can just remove my original 1TB SSD, plug it into the new machine and it...
  7. Move 1tb SSD to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move 1tb SSD to new computer: I have a 2011 Dell Lattitude E6520. now 10 years old A year ago, I cloned the hard drive, and installed a Samsung 1TB SSD in it. The OS is windows 10 professional 64bit. Everything works fine. I have microsoft 365 installed on it, and Microsoft Office 2010. I use outlook...
  8. Moving to an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving to an SSD: Is there a way to easily move my Windows 10 instalation from my HDD to a new SSD, without having to reinstall any of my programs? submitted by /u/Richard32009 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0gbby/moving_to_an_ssd/
  9. Moving SSD to new computer.

Moving SSD to new computer.: I'am going to be upgrading my pc soon and want to use my current ssd in my computer. I'am going to use the "reset this pc" setting to get rid of all my files, apps, games, etc. I want to start a fresh wipe of windows on my new pc. What i want to know is can I do the windows...
  10. Moving SSD to another laptop from same manufacturer

Moving SSD to another laptop from same manufacturer: So we have two Lenovo laptops (z500 and z570 from 2012) from same year but different models which we use at home only when we need Windows. One has SSD as hard drive and other is normal HDD. One with SSD started going crazy yesterday, giving all kinds of BSOD most of them...