Windows 10: Move SSD with windows 10 from old to new desktop

Discus and support Move SSD with windows 10 from old to new desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, This past weekend I upgraded my 2013 Dell desktop from windows 7 to 10, after seeing the windows 7 warning messages. A few years before that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rajesh_rpv, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Move SSD with windows 10 from old to new desktop

Hello,

This past weekend I upgraded my 2013 Dell desktop from windows 7 to 10, after seeing the windows 7 warning messages. A few years before that I bought a Samsung 250GB SSD and used their software to transfer the image of the Dell HDD to the Samsung SSD. WIndows 10 is installed on the SSD. My desktop is working fine, but I realize nothing lasts forever and I should think about a new PC.

I am now thinking of building a PC and would like to keep the SSD windows 10 and applications and move it to a new PC.

Could people point me to the pitfalls regarding getting windows 10 to work with the new motherboard & associated hardware?

Thanks

Rajesh

:)

Rajesh_rpv, Mar 8, 2020

2. new disk ssd and new desktop

I want my old Desktop back but i dont want do download all the stuff on my ssd (Windows 10 pro )

so if there is a way to linkt the old desktop to the new one please tell me thankts !

Pristar123, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Move SSD with windows 10 from old to new desktop

Windows 10 Upgrade - New SSD

I had the same question and got a great answer. Hope this helps!

Here is 10 steps to Windows 10 (from windows 7 home pro)

1. Go to Download Windows 10

2. Scroll down and click "download tool now"

3. Open and follow prompt and put installer as an ISO or put on USB drive

4. go to Computer Properties and Write down your Microsoft Product Code BEFORE MOVING ON TO STEP 5!

5. Install new SSD

6. Start PC and boot from new windows 10 USB or DVD

7. Install windows 10 on new SSD

8. Activate your new windows 10 with your Microsoft product code

9. Copy over old files from old SSD

10. Enjoy Windows 10!

AlexFrostdaPimp, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Move SSD with windows 10 from old to new desktop

1. Move SSD with windows 10 from old to new desktop - Similar Threads - Move SSD old

2. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  3. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD: My C: drive is a 500GB SSD with Windows 10 and several other programs and games, including FSX Steam and tons of 3rd party airplanes, airports and scenery. It is getting full. I want to buy a new SSD to hold only Windows 10 leaving all the other programs and games on the...
  4. Move Windows 10 from an SSD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD Moved from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SSD Moved from old to new PC: Hello, I recently built a new computer and moved my SSD that contained my windows install from the old to the new computer. Everything boots fine, but I'm getting the notifications that my copy of windows is not genuine and that I need to provide a windows key. I never had to...
  6. Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc: Hi everyone! I have an SSD with Windows 10 on it in my old computer and I'm now building a new computer. If I move the SSD from the old pc to the new one, what kind of magic should I do in order to make Windows 10 work on the new set up? I hope I explained it decently....
  7. Move Desktop from HDD to new SSD boot drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Desktop from HDD to new SSD boot drive.: I have an older gaming PC to which I added a 240GB SSD and did a fresh install of Windows 10 20H2. The old, now secondary, HDD is a 1TB drive that served as my OS drive previously. Is there a way to move my old "Desktop" to the new SSD so that when I launch Windows I will see...
  8. Move windows from old SSD to new.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move windows from old SSD to new.: I have bought a new SSD and I want my windows located in it. I have 2 SSD's in my pc and I want to swap my small one for the new. The thing is I have windows in the small one and the other SSD cannot fit windows, so I don't know how to move windows to an SSD that is not...
  9. How to move Windows 10 from OLD desktop to NEW laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move Windows 10 from OLD desktop to NEW laptop: so i was thinking installing this Best free backup software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc - EaseUS Todo Backup Free to cloning my entire OLD Desktop HDD to the NEW laptop HDD and then putting my laptop HDD back inside and then let windows auto...
  10. Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move win 10 from 1 ssd to new ssd: Used Minitool to copy old ssd entirely to new ssd. Missing boot manager and bcd files. Copied from old to new. No joy? 18432