Windows 10: Move system partition to system reserve partition

Discus and support Move system partition to system reserve partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Coverttrickster, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Move system partition to system reserve partition

I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to boot up I got an error saying bootmgr was missing. I had reinstalled windows with the media creation tool back onto the original drive after it wouldn't let me install onto the m.2. I now boot from the original drive then it goes to a screen saying there are two volumes that retain a copy of windows. I select the first one and I notice Its running from my m.2 as per the image. It shows boot and is the C: drive but the other disk that i boot from still says system in the partition.

I would like to know how I can safely move the system partition over to my m.2 and boot from it without it asking for a volume to select when starting. Please and thank you!
    Move system partition to system reserve partition [​IMG]

:)

Coverttrickster, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Anthony Gal, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    Win7 System Reserved Partition Full

Isn't that what the system reserved partition is ? Or is it just a backup incase the windows boot files get corrupt?

Johan45, Dec 2, 2020
  4. poolmon Win User

Move system partition to system reserve partition

Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Move system partition to system reserve partition

1. Move system partition to system reserve partition - Similar Threads - Move system partition

2. Restoring of system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring of system reserved partition: Hello,During migration of the Windows 10 to a new SSD I forgot to migrate a system reserved partition. And now I have permanent error 0x800f0922 during installing updates. Also this issue prevents me from upgrade to Windows 11.How I can restore this partition? Excluding...
  3. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  4. How to move System Reserved Partition to the Top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move System Reserved Partition to the Top: Hello guys, Thanks for helping me !! I have some unallocated space in between the partitions which I want to combine. But the 16mb Microsoft reserved partition is coming between it and I read that I should not touch the reserved partition which can and will cause all...
  5. System Reserved Partition

System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  6. Useless system reserved partition.

Useless system reserved partition.: Hello everyone, I've been looking on internet without any success the way to delete a system reserved partition on an empty hard drive. After upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro with the microsoft media creation tool and trying to move my system to a larger...
  7. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  8. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  9. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  10. No system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...