Windows 10: Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode?

Discus and support Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've seen old posts about this but nothing in the past few months, and the older posts don't seem to describe what I'm seeing. I have a brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JanetTideman, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode?

I've seen old posts about this but nothing in the past few months, and the older posts don't seem to describe what I'm seeing.

I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with Windows 10 - just received it yesterday. When it goes to sleep, I can only seem to wake it by using the power button. I'd like to be able to just move the mouse or hit a key and start working.

The power plan settings show that it is not in 'hibernate', just sleep, after 20 minutes plugged in.

When I look at the mouse properties, the tabs are General / Driver / Details / Events. Other threads mentioned a "Power Management" tab, but I'm not seeing one. Not sure why it is missing!

Any SIMPLE way to do this? I am not technical at all...

Thanks!

Janet

:)

JanetTideman, Apr 3, 2020

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Nick89 Win User
    No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Chadi Win User

Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode?

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode? [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode?

1. Move the mouse to wake computer from sleep mode? - Similar Threads - Move mouse wake

2. Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode: Is it possible at all to waking up the system from Sleep mode by moving the mouse around?Clicking on the mouse's button and/or on key in the keyboard does wake up the system.I want the movement of the mouse to do the same too.It used to do it in the past for me but I can not...
  3. Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode: Is it possible at all to waking up the system from Sleep mode by moving the mouse around?Clicking on the mouse's button and/or on key in the keyboard does wake up the system.I want the movement of the mouse to do the same too.It used to do it in the past for me but I can not...
  4. Waking Up system by Moving Mouse Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and Mouse won’t respond after waking Computer from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard and Mouse won’t respond after waking Computer from Sleep Mode: [ATTACH]If your Keyboard and Mouse do not respond after waking your Windows computer from Sleep Mode, then this post is sure to help you. Some users have reported that their keyboards and mice do not respond when they wake their systems from sleep mode. Users have also...
  6. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  7. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  8. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  9. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  10. Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.

Mouse wont wake computer from sleep mode.: My mouse won't wake up my laptop after sleep. I have the lid closed and the laptop connected to a monitor with the lid closed setting to "do nothing". The mouse will allow my older laptop to wake up the computer. am I missing a setting? both laptops are operating Windows...