Windows 10: move to new ssd harddisk

Discus and support move to new ssd harddisk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there, i have installed and activated my win 10 os since last year in my conventional hard disk. now, i would like to move all my data to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by agustinus restu utomo, Apr 24, 2020.

1. move to new ssd harddisk

hi there, i have installed and activated my win 10 os since last year in my conventional hard disk. now, i would like to move all my data to the new ssd sata hard disk. would you please show me the guidance how to perform it?

thank you

:)

agustinus restu utomo, Apr 24, 2020
  2. sp_1417 Win User

Fastest harddisk for gaming

I need a 1TB/2TB HDD for my PC. I have no SSD and this new HDD will be my only drive in PC.
    I need fast/reliable harddisk for gaming. Please suggest me good HDD around 100$.

I have found the following 3 HDD's within my budget.Which one is the best for gaming?
    WD RE4 WD1003FBYX or WD1002FAEX or WD20EZRX*Smile move to new ssd harddisk :)

sp_1417, Apr 24, 2020
  3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Rhen Pal Win User

move to new ssd harddisk

USB not recognized after startup with new SSD

Hi,

Please answer the following:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Aside from installing a new SSD, were there any updates made to your device prior to this issue?

We suggest that we check for system file corruption, check this
    link
    for more information.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

move to new ssd harddisk

1. move to new ssd harddisk - Similar Threads - move ssd harddisk

2. moved files to new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moved files to new ssd: after moving files to a new ssd, when i try to open the files, they are there but it says i don't have permission to open them, i am the administrator on the computer...
  3. Moving windows to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows to a new ssd: Hi I want to move my windows to the new ssd that I installed on my pc because it is a faster and more space ssd m.2. How do I move it over and delete the old one from my old ssd...
  4. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  5. Moving to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving to a new SSD: I have a desktop PC with a 930GB hard drive only 220 GB used; it's working ok but for various reasons I'd like to get a SSD drive and move to it. My nearby PC service company says they can easily install the new disk, and upgrade from my current Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  6. Moving SSD to new computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD to new computer.: I'am going to be upgrading my pc soon and want to use my current ssd in my computer. I'am going to use the "reset this pc" setting to get rid of all my files, apps, games, etc. I want to start a fresh wipe of windows on my new pc. What i want to know is can I do the windows...
  7. Moving OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  8. Move harddisk to new Thinkpad- now activation issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move harddisk to new Thinkpad- now activation issue: Hi everybody, I moved my Samsung SSD to my new T480 Lenovo Thinkpad (from an T440). I did so a year ago from on T440 to a new T440 with no problem at all. This time, I had to go into the bios to make the machine start from my Samsung SSD, and now Microsoft apperently does...
  9. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...
  10. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Support
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...