Windows 10: Move users to another drive

Discus and support Move users to another drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottInTexas, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Move users to another drive

With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially c:\ because if I go to the key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders, I see all of the folders except Documents being on C:\. Can I just change all of the values that point to c:\... to d:\...? The C drive is crammed full of things that Windows created and then it ha

:)

ScottInTexas, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 12, 2024
  3. little cat, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Anak Win User

Move users to another drive

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Move users to another drive 264204d1579788485t-optical-drive-issue-send-.png

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

Move users to another drive

1. Move users to another drive - Similar Threads - Move users another

2. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  3. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  4. Moving user profile folders to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving user profile folders to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  5. Moving user profile folders to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile folders to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  6. Moving user profile folders to another drive

7. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  8. Moving user profile to another drive

Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  9. Moving user profile to another drive

10. Move user profile folders to another drive

Move user profile folders to another drive: I've seen some stuff on here about how to move folders IN a user profile to another drive. I need the entire profile to be on another drive. I bought an OEM Dell machine that came with a 256GB system drive and a 1TB data drive. Great. As far as it goes. Moving just...