Windows 10: Move W10 to new build.

Discus and support Move W10 to new build. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just completed my first pc build, thanks with the W10 transfer. I did Great! I want to build another for my wife. she has a laptop that originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MARKFLEMING, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Move W10 to new build.

I just completed my first pc build, thanks with the W10 transfer. I did Great! I want to build another for my wife. she has a laptop that originally was W8 which I free upgraded to 10. Can I install W10 on the new build and use her activation key to activate her Windows on it? the laptop will be cannibalized later. Or will I have to pay for another copy of 10?

:)

MARKFLEMING, Oct 28, 2020

2. New System build Suggestions

just another build suggestion to consider- System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Oldsouth Win User
    New W10 Builds

A request on future W10 builds:

1 -- Leave System Restore turned on if it was on originally

2 -- Leave the defragmentation options alone. I set mine on daily and with each new W10 edition it sets them to weekly

3 -- Leave the screen saver setting alone. I use a time setting scroll for screen saver and new editions change it to Windows 10 scroll

4 -- Let the custom monitor color profile alone. Recent editions have corrected this I think. Sometimes the color profile is still there and loaded

Oldsouth, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Move W10 to new build.

New System build Suggestions

Case is final and already bought

SilverStone GD09B
    PSU is also already bought
    And Motherboard

Durvelle27, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Move W10 to new build.

1. Move W10 to new build. - Similar Threads - Move W10 build

2. Moving OS Drive To A New Build

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving OS Drive To A New Build: Hi, hope this is the right forum. just wanting to check i'm good to go on a system rebuild; as per my other thread, i've got some new parts [mobo, cpu, DDR4, PSU] that i'm going to put into my build that has become flaky. after chats on another forum, i discovered you can now...
  3. building new computer, looking to transfer w10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    building new computer, looking to transfer w10.: I currently have a pc with windows 10 running. I am looking to do a complete new build and am looking if there is a way to transfer my windows 10 to this new computer. I have a windows 10 installation media created but cant find a product key to activate the license on new...
  4. Moving Windows 10 to a new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 to a new build: Hey guys; I'm planning a new build this year, and would like to save some money by moving my Windows 10 Pro license to the new build. My old machine will not be running Windows after the new build. My current Windows 10 Pro license is the free upgrade from Windows 7...
  5. Trying to reactivate W10 on a new build.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to reactivate W10 on a new build.: Okay, so a few weeks ago I used the help of this forum to find out my product type, I have a retail license which should have been digitally licenses to my account. After signing in, it's saying: Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code:...
  6. Dead PC, move W10 to new PC?

Dead PC, move W10 to new PC?: My 11 year old rig died, brief specs Intel S775 Core 2 Q6600 Quad-Core 8GB Geil 800MHz ASUS 8800GT video card SSD (OS) & HDD (data) I am unable to boot. There is a flicker on the activity LED and the fans start, stop and sometimes start again.. PSU seems OK as case fans, DVD...
  7. W10 new build low resolution.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    W10 new build low resolution.: Got a new build PC with W10, screen resolution too low despite set to 1080p. My previous Windows 7 machine displays fine on same monitor. Tried all available settings options in W10 and Nvidia panel, also checked monitor display settings and another HDMI cable. Managed to get...
  8. Moving W10 to a new computer

Moving W10 to a new computer: Hi all, I'm about to purchase a new PC desktop computer for photo editing, general MS Office and web surfing. I already have an SSD boot drive with W10 Pro x64 installed and activated and a bootable USB stick. The hardware of the new PC will be completely different to the...
  9. Is it possible to move W10 to a new motherboard?

Is it possible to move W10 to a new motherboard?: Hi there! I have Windows 10 in my current PC (upgraded some months ago from Windows 7). However, this computer doesn't have a good performance when playing video games — or at least, not the desired performance. I was thinking about changing the CPU. Nonetheless, my...
  10. W10 Builds

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Builds: I am using 10130 which I guess is the last update. I keep seeing news about other builds but this conjecture is ridiculous. Shuld I be using something newer??????????? Thanks 7325