Windows 10: Move Win 10 to new desktop

Discus and support Move Win 10 to new desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a desktop with win 10. I had earlier brought win 8.1 & installed that on the desktop . Later on, the win 8.1 updated to win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MangaldeepBanerjee, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Move Win 10 to new desktop

Hi,

I am using a desktop with win 10.

I had earlier brought win 8.1 & installed that on the desktop . Later on, the win 8.1 updated to win 10.

Now I want to upgrade my desktop & install new 9th gen processor , SSD & all.

How can I move the older license to new desktop?

:)

MangaldeepBanerjee, Jun 30, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 30, 2019
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Move Win 10 to new desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Move Win 10 to new desktop

1. Move Win 10 to new desktop - Similar Threads - Move desktop

2. undo move to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    undo move to desktop: I highlighted about 200 video files, then right-clicked. I thought I was pointing to send 'compressed' zip file, instead I clicked on desktop. Now I have 200+ video icons on my desktop. Want them off desktop. What could I do ?...
  3. How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop?: How do I move the taskbar to the bottom of the desktop screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-the-taskbar-to-the-bottom-of-the/290be016-3def-4c8b-9e57-216e8377dc08
  4. Desktop icons moved to the left side all by themselves and I can't move them where I want them

Desktop icons moved to the left side all by themselves and I can't move them where I want them: How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-moved-to-the-left-side-all-by/a6406f14-6c26-4387-b48e-4ea55c5eb732
  5. Moving mouse brings up desktop

Moving mouse brings up desktop: New-ish HP computer, Windows 10. While working on document or reviewing email, moving the mouse causes the desktop screen to become active. How can I change the "window" to keep desktop from coming up. Also, is there any way to completely get rid of the startup box on the...
  6. Moving icons to desktop

Moving icons to desktop: I have been trying to move an icon from my start menu to my desktop for the last hour. I have tried every method offered to me. The problem seems that the icon itself does not have any way for me to move it to the desktop. I have tried to use right hand button, etc, I...
  7. Desktop icons moved on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop icons moved on startup: I just installed a Radeon 5700 XT and I have a monitor with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. Every time I boot my system the icons get moved into what looks like an area 1366 x 768 or there about. I use DeskTopOK to restore my desktop but I am looking for better solution. The...
  8. How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?

How do I move an icon from the taskbar tpo the desktop?: How do I move an icon from the taskbar to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-icon-from-the-taskbar-tpo-the/bf947d66-823c-4303-900d-9e640c9c532d
  9. How Do I Move a Picture Saved on my Desktop to Windows 10 Photos?

How Do I Move a Picture Saved on my Desktop to Windows 10 Photos?: Photo Gallery used to save all pictures to itself if I downloaded them to my desktop. I just downloaded a picture from an email to my desktop, and it doesn't appear in Photos. I tried dragging it over, tried changing Settings (nothing relevant), and now I'm stuck. Searched...
  10. My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.: Making this post from my surface because the Desktop is Frozen. The mouse works but can't close any windows are do anything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-computer-is-frozen-i-can-move-the/93a29f31-19dc-436e-9cea-b6e186ebd534