Windows 10: Move Win 10 to new desktop

Discus and support Move Win 10 to new desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a desktop with win 10. I had earlier brought win 8.1 & installed that on the desktop . Later on, the win 8.1 updated to win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MangaldeepBanerjee, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Move Win 10 to new desktop

Hi,

I am using a desktop with win 10.

I had earlier brought win 8.1 & installed that on the desktop . Later on, the win 8.1 updated to win 10.

Now I want to upgrade my desktop & install new 9th gen processor , SSD & all.

How can I move the older license to new desktop?

:)

MangaldeepBanerjee, Jun 30, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 30, 2019
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Move Win 10 to new desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Move Win 10 to new desktop

1. Move Win 10 to new desktop - Similar Threads - Move desktop

2. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  3. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  4. I cons on desktop moved from initial position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cons on desktop moved from initial position: Hi,recently after booting up my PC, I noticed that some of the application icons on the desktop have moved I am wondering if it is a virus or a bug of a sort I did a full scan with Microsoft Defender but all was clean. So is it a virus?Thankyou...
  5. I cons on desktop moved from initial position

I cons on desktop moved from initial position: Hi,recently after booting up my PC, I noticed that some of the application icons on the desktop have moved I am wondering if it is a virus or a bug of a sort I did a full scan with Microsoft Defender but all was clean. So is it a virus?Thankyou...
  6. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  7. OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer

OneDrive moved my Desktop into a OneDrive folder and removed everything on my computer: My Desktop is no longer in my User folder- it has been moved into a folder called 'OneDrive'. I don't want OneDrive. How did OneDrive install itself on my computer? Why is it messing around with my files? I didn't give it permission to do this and I am very upset.How do I...
  8. Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.: Hi.I've recently done a clean Windows 10 install on my machine, and noticed that I am not able to move files from my desktop to pinned directiories inside the file exprorer, ones on the right side of the window. I've never experienced such issue before and despite being able...
  9. Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.: Hi.I've recently done a clean Windows 10 install on my machine, and noticed that I am not able to move files from my desktop to pinned directiories inside the file exprorer, ones on the right side of the window. I've never experienced such issue before and despite being able...
  10. Windows prevents moving files from desktop to file exprorer.