Windows 10: Move Windows 10 digital license bought online from broken laptop to new laptop?

Discus and support Move Windows 10 digital license bought online from broken laptop to new laptop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; About six months ago, I bought an ASUS laptop that came with no operating system. I installed Windows 10 Home and then bought a digital license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnOwens8, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Move Windows 10 digital license bought online from broken laptop to new laptop?

About six months ago, I bought an ASUS laptop that came with no operating system.

I installed Windows 10 Home and then bought a digital license Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website.

The activation worked. Huzzah!

Fast forward to last week: that laptop was destroyed in a freak accident.

So, I have bought a new LG Electronics laptop and installed Windows 10 Home.

It is not activated obviously.

How can I transfer my license from the broke laptop to the new laptop?

This problem is infuriating because I cannot speak to anyone real online and it keeps directing me to call a 1800 number, but I am not in the US.

:)

JohnOwens8, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Honby Win User

How can I transfer my Windows 10 Digital License from broken laptop to new Laptop ?

I have a digital license of Windows 10 Pro from my old broken laptop. The hardwares almost not fixable. Right now I have a Dell Laptop and it comes with Windows 10 Home edition. How can i transfer my Windows 10 Pro to my new laptop ?

Honby, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 purchased digital license. Move to a new laptop

I purchased a windows 10 digital license when I upgraded my laptop. It cost $120 to activate the new upgraded windows 10 device. Now the system board on that laptop has died and the pc will not even boot.

I have another pc that I want to all windows 10 onto now to replace the broken one and want to know how I can move the already paid for Windows 10 digital license to the new machine?

Is this possible?

I have access to the old hard drive from the broken machine and can access all of its contents via usb docking was thinking of cloning it to the new laptop but do not want to bother to do this if the license is not going to work.

ToddVan Vliet, Apr 12, 2020
  4. myagkov-a Win User

Move Windows 10 digital license bought online from broken laptop to new laptop?

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Move Windows 10 digital license bought online from broken laptop to new laptop?

1. Move Windows 10 digital license bought online from broken laptop to new laptop? - Similar Threads - Move digital license

2. How to move digital license for windows 10 to the same laptop new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move digital license for windows 10 to the same laptop new hard drive: Hi All, I have purchased win 10 pro in Nov 2016. Now my laptop hard drive is failed and replaced with a new hard drive. Now how can I install back win 10 pro in new hard drive as I don't have the key or I have not noted down earlier. I can't find any key information in order...
  3. How to move digital license for windows 10 to the same laptop new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move digital license for windows 10 to the same laptop new hard drive: Hi All, I have purchased win 10 pro in Nov 2016. Now my laptop hard drive is failed and replaced with a new hard drive. Now how can I install back win 10 pro in new hard drive as I don't have the key or I have not noted down earlier. I can't find any key information in order...
  4. How to move digital license for windows 10 to the same laptop new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  6. Transfer digital license to new laptop

Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  7. Move license from destroyed PC to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move license from destroyed PC to new laptop: Hello,Previously I bought a license window in the Microsoft store and after some time my PC was totally destroyed, I bought a new laptop and install windows 11 and i want to move this license.I have no chance to do something with the old pc as it was totally destroyed....
  8. Move license from destroyed PC to new laptop

Move license from destroyed PC to new laptop: Hello,Previously I bought a license window in the Microsoft store and after some time my PC was totally destroyed, I bought a new laptop and install windows 11 and i want to move this license.I have no chance to do something with the old pc as it was totally destroyed....
  9. How to move digital license to a new laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move digital license to a new laptop?: Question Is there any instructions on how to move Windows 10 Pro digital license from old laptop to the new one? Details I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language preinstalled. But my previous laptop has Windows 10 Pro which I got during free...
  10. Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a new laptop: Hi, I just purchased a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home and I did an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft store via digital license. Now, two days after, my laptop is making tremendous noise and I will return it to manufacturer and get refunded. When I buy a...