Windows 10: Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016

Discus and support Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are many articles describing how to move mail, but NONE have the data location correct! Articles say use EML to PST converters, but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeeHosbrough, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016

There are many articles describing how to move mail, but NONE have the data location correct!

Articles say use EML to PST converters, but that assumes that you can find EML messages. As a test, I set up Windows 10 MAIL app today. Let it populate my mail. Searched my hard drive for eml. No results. Search for "inbox, sent, etc...." Nope.

Where in the world does Windows 10 store data? And why on earth did Microsoft, owner and creator both apps, not make this a simple import process?!?!?!

:)

LeeHosbrough, Nov 1, 2019

2. Configuring additional Contacts accounts in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 Pro

In Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Pro, I can add a Contacts Folder?/Address Book? by undertaking the following steps:

1. Go to Start->Control Panel->Mail(32-bit)
    2. Select 'Show Profiles...' and double-click the correct profile for my system
    3. Select 'E-mail Accounts...'
    4. Under the 'E-mail' tab, select 'New...'
    5. Make sure that 'E-mail Account' is selected and hit 'Next >'
    6. Fill in the name, email address, and password for the given account and hit 'Next >'.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to configure the same profile in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 Pro.

Any thoughts?

Strawberry, Nov 1, 2019
  3. geercom Win User
    Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

I don't understand what it means by "Create one or more folders in the list of folders that synchronize with your Outlook.com account". What does that mean? Are you saying you can create these folders somewhere inside Outlook.com and that the folders have to have the same names as the WLM folders? I don't understand. What folders are the ones that sync with Outlook.com? Where are these?

geercom, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016

1. Move Windows 10 Mail app mail, folders, and contacts into Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Move Mail app

2. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  3. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  4. Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and [GMail] or [Google Mail] Folders: I am getting frustrated at trying to remove the [GMail] and [Google Mail] headers within Outlook 2016 which have bopthe appeared in the folder structure as you can see here. I have looked in the GMail Labels online through GMail Settings and I can see [GMail] but when I set...
  5. Outlook 2016/365 vs. Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2016/365 vs. Windows 10 Mail App: Hello, I recently got a new laptop and I got MS Office 365 on it. I have been using Outlook one of the programs in MS Office. Never used Outlook Express or any other mini-Outlook programs. I’ve always used the real, complete, desktop program for many years. With Windows 10,...
  6. Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on...

Moving Windows Live and contacts mails on a Windows 7 laptop to Outlook or Windows Mail on...: Hello, I a trying to help my mother-in-law with the install of her new laptop. She has been using Windows Live mail POP3 type with a local Swedish mail services provider and have therefore all her mails stored locally on the old laptop. I am told one solution is to install...
  7. Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook: I have recently installed Office365 for my mum on her computer. She previously used the Mail app and I have installed Outlook. However, she is complaining that her contacts are not there. I have downloaded the official contacts from her email system but there are some...
  8. Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail

Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail: I have a laptop I use for business. It's loaded with Office 2016 which includes Outlook 2016. I set up my business account on Outlook. When I'm on the road I like to keep in touch with my personal email accounts. For that I use the Mail program that comes with Windows 10....
  9. Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder: Hi there I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed) Basic edition of Windows is identical -- the same VM "cloned" and on 1 I installed office 2010 (plus service packs) and on the other I...
  10. Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail: I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DRAG WINDOW MAIL FOLDERS INTO OUTLOOK 2016