Windows 10: Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

Discus and support Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianDragomir1, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A good day!!!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Oct 15, 2019
  2. auwi987 Win User

windows 10 and ssd

Hi

i have a windows 10 pro installed on a hdd drive, i dont have any problem. recently i switched to ssd drive with clean install windows 10 pro but freezes repeatedly after an hour or less than an hour. i tried to use my old hdd drive with same os it doesn't
    show any problem, i thought maybe the ssd is the problem so go to the store and replaced the ssd with higher brand, but after a week its shows same problem again.

fyi. i also tried this article
    Optimizing Solid State Drives SSD for Windows 10

and
    Windows 8 and 8.1 defragment your SSD

if you have any helpful info and suggestion, please guys.

many thanks,

auwi

auwi987, Oct 15, 2019
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Archquark Win User

Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

Windows 10 Pro clean installation on SSD stops at settings step

I followed steps for installation on SSD with UEFI Everything went well until the first restart after installation files reached 100% When screen came back it was back to original Install now screen.

I had disabled secure boot in firmware as suggested. SSD is the only drive attached at present. Should I attempt a reinstallation or are there other steps I should pursue first.

I am using a retail licensed Windows 10 Pro version installed on USB using Microsoft creation media.

Dell 8700 XPS
    i7 4790 processor at 3.40 Ghz
    16GB memory
    2 TB HDD Windows 8.1 installed presently not connected
    Kingston HyperX 120GB

Archquark, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

1. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD - Similar Threads - Move Pro SSD

2. can i simpy move my SSD with windows 10 pro on it from one motherboard to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i simpy move my SSD with windows 10 pro on it from one motherboard to another: Hello I hope you can assist me PleaseI dont have a product key because Windows 10 pro was a free upgrade, so i have a digital entitlement, but can i use the Windows 10 generic key to activate Windows 10 pro on my New Motherboard ?so as far a i can tell i should not have to...
  3. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  4. Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows From An SSD To Another SSD: The past few days, I've been having issues with my boot drive. I keep getting the A2 error on my mobo. I installed the SSD in 2017 and am going to buy a new one before it completely dies. I don't want to rebuy windows. What's the best way for me to move windows onto a new...
  5. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  6. How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd?

How to move Windows 10 pro from 1 ssd to another ssd?: Hello, i just bought a faster SSD than the one that I currently use for my Windows 10. Of course i'd like to move my OS to the new SSD. The new SSD is slightly smaller than my current one 25 GB difference, but my current SSD is only 72% full out of a total of 525 GB, so I...
  7. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...
  8. Move windows 10 to another ssd.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move windows 10 to another ssd.: Hello, so I have two ssd on my computer and I want to move windows 10 to a bigger partition on the other SSD, so I can make space for my ubuntu, but I don't want other partitions with my data(pictures, videos, and documents) to get deleted and/or damaged. and other partitions...
  9. Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another

Moving Windows 10 from one ssd to another: I have two SanDisk SSD 120GB in my computer. I am running out of space and the one that boots up (with Windows OS on it) is dying. 1) How can I see what is on each individual SSD? I have everything backed up and there was very little on the two SSDs to begin with. 2) My...
  10. Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?

Upgrade OS from one SSD to another SSD?: Could I possibly get some help on how best I can upgrade my existing SSD. I have a 256 GB SSD which I would like to upgrade to a 480 GB SSD. I already have the new SSD and want to upgrade it tommorow. How best I can transfer/migrate my OS (Windows 10 Insider Preview) from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move win from one ssd to another